Page banner image

Re: A very WET walk

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on October 03, 2021 at 13:17:31

In Reply to: A very WET walk posted by Wetnboy on October 02, 2021 at 19:32:13:

Halloween has become a major "holiday" for decorating, surpassed only by Christmas. There are some who would say that it even surpasses Christmas in that respect.

I personally do not do much decorating for Halloween. It seems people either go to great extremes to decorate or don't do much at all. As of yet I haven't seen many decorations go up in our neighborhood. They often start putting them up October 1st, but I have seen some that started back in September.

Haven't had a trick or treater at my house in years. Most kids now go to parties or do the trunk or treat as it is safer all around. In the house where I grew up we used to get lots of kids trick or treating as it was right in the center of town. Then people in Portland starting driving out to the suburbs and brought in kids by the carloads which caused a lot of resentment and some trouble as there were a lot of teenagers who came too. My little niece and nephew go to trunk or treat and seem happy with that. I used to enjoy trick or treating in our neighborhood as a kid. Since my birthday is so close to Halloween we would sometimes have my birthday party on Halloween and then all get dressed up and go out trick or treating together. I miss seeing the kids coming to the door, but agree that trunk or treating is much safer and the kids do seem to have fun. Used to be that it was quite common for some one to get hit by a car or receive candy that had been tainted to harm the kids in some way. When I was growing up we carved pumpkins and put a lighted candle inside. Now the decorations are just over the top!

As for getting wet, it's too cold to do much on Halloween here in Maine. I always try to go to a hotel on my birthday with a heated pool and hot tub. I have always hoped to run across adults having a Halloween party at the hotel who wound up in the pool with me. That hasn't happened yet, but maybe someday. One can always hope.

As for Christmas decorations we were never allowed to put them up until the day after Thanksgiving (the last Thursday in November here in the States) in my family. It was always celebrate each holiday and enjoy it and then move on to the next.

Happy Halloween!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]