Page banner image

Hockey and White Tights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on January 09, 2022 at 03:44:11

Friends Join In

Well, I haven't posted in a while because we had a bit of a set-back. All of us ended up getting mild COVID and were house-bound until just a couple days ago.

Since where we are, schools aren't quite back yet, the day the boys were due to exit isolation, they decided to get together with their friends.

"It's no fun playing with Kyle and Charlie online," said Sam, who was referring to two of his friends.

None of us had major symptoms, thankfully, and it was actually only Robbie that officially tested positive. But considering the variant going around right now, the fact that the rest of us got sick too, I'm 99.9% certain that we all had it. Here's hoping this is the beginning of the end of this...

Anyway, we live on a large-ish property in a rural area, as I've mentioned before, and we've had a considerable amount of snow recently. Robbie used to play hockey until he was 13 or so, and still enjoys skating, so he wanted to make a hockey rink in the backyard. Of course, I helped.

It took us a while to get it done right, and we even made it regulation-sized. Then Robbie and Sam decided that they would each invite friends over and play a friendly against each other and their friends.

"You're on!" said and excited Sam.

Sam has never played "hockey", per se, but he does know how to skate, and has shot pucks around in the driveway in the summer before with Robbie for fun. He's played a bit of for-fun hockey on ice with Robbie, too.

Sam ended up getting 4 other friends as did Robbie - this way, they could play 4-on-4 hockey (plus a goalie for each). One of Sam's friends, I'll call him Corey on here, plays hockey and is a goalie, so that was an advantage - none of Robbie's friends were actually goalies. Robbie invited Cody, Derrick and Jas, along with another friend who I'll call Garry.

To keep things straight, here are the friends each brought for their teams (made-up names, of course, but it's sometimes hard to keep made-up names straight...):

Robbie - Cody, Derrick, Jas and Garry.
Sam - Corey, Kyle, Charlie and Jaxon.

We didn't really have proper nets, but I was able to make something that resembled a net from some old dining room chairs that we had in our garage. We set them up and the boys got ready. We did have a hockey puck and each of them brought their own sticks, so no issues with the equipment.

Robbie decided to setup a couple of cameras and record the whole thing. So we had Robbie's phone on one side, my phone on the other, and my wife's phone on one end, up higher. We tried to use one of my old phones up on the roof, but couldn't get the battery to work for long enough for it to actually be useful.

Sam and Robbie, along with Cody and Jaxon, stood in front of one of the cameras.

"Ok, so, it's Robbie vs. Sam - we're playing 4-on-4 for 20 minutes. Loser has to do a forfeit," said Robbie.

I think you all know where this is going. If you guessed that the forfeit would involve wetness, you're right!

The boys played for 20 minutes. Sam's team was up 1-0 with about 2 minutes to go, and we had an interesting stoppage.

"Oh for f***'s sake!" yelled Robbie as a bird (I think it was a lonely pigeon) flew over and shat on the ice.

Cody had just broken away and had a 1-on-1 when it happened, so they weren't very happy.

Sam and I cleaned up the mess and the boys got back to it. I had been doing any face-off drops as needed, and then would scurry off the ice to not get trampled by the ice full of teenagers.

I gave a typical one minute warning, and Robbie's goalie, Jas, ended up leaving the net to be the 5th player. They didn't score.

"Wow, that f***ing bird," said Robbie. "It f***ing cost us the game."

"You lose!" said Sam. "Na na na, na na na!" he laughed at Robbie.

Robbie came back over to the one camera with Sam. "Ok, so my team lost, thanks to a bird that flew over and, uh, pooed right in front of our breakaway. So we'll have to do a forfeit," said Robbie.

Sam looked at Robbie and smiled slyly. "Each of you, and I mean each of you, has to walk down to the waterfall and jump into the water without taking anything off!" said Sam.

"Fine," said Robbie, who smiled back, seemingly expecting that to be the dare.

Remember before that these were the kids that got in the school pool - except for Jas who was the "cover". Now Jas was going to get wet too.

What's interesting about the next set of events is that Robbie was wearing his white tights underneath all his stuff - he hadn't had a chance to actually soak them in public yet like he was going to, due to his isolation. He whispered in Sam's ear, "can I take these jeans off and wear just the tights?"

"What? In front of your friends?" asked Sam.

"Of course, that's what's most thrilling about it," said Robbie.

"Sure, I guess," said Sam, who had already stopped the one camera as I was taking away the others.

"Come on, boys, we have to go down to the river. Change into your shoes - leave your skates here," said Robbie.

All of the boys, including Sam's friends, changed into their shoes. Robbie ran inside quick and took off his jeans, leaving on only his white running tights, and put his winter jacket, toque and gloves back on, and of course, put on his "Soak Me" shoes.

"Uh, what?" said Cody, as Robbie emerged from the house.

"What, what?" asked Robbie, as if nothing was wrong.

"Uh, you've taken your pants off," said Cody.

"Yeah, but I have underwear on too," said Robbie, who lifted up his jacket and showed the 2 centimetres of black underwear showing above his tights.

"But, those are tights," said Cody.

"Yeah, so?" asked Robbie.

"You know those'll go see-through, right?" said Cody.

"Yeah, why else do you think I'm wearing them," said Robbie, who looked right at Derrick who was not really saying anything, but was clearly interested in what was about to unfold.

"Mr. T [referring to me], can I go inside to use your bathroom?" asked Derrick.

"Of course," I said.

I kinda figured he had something to change into too, but wasn't sure.

"Don't be long," said Robbie.

A few minutes later, Derrick came out wearing only his black running tights on the bottom, and had also put back on all his winter stuff on top, along with his black and white Vans shoes.

"Come on, let's go," said Derrick, who started to lead the way.

"You're brother and his friends are weird," said Corey, who said so just as he and Sam were passing me.

"It's actually pretty fun to get your clothes all wet, Cor," said Sam. "Robbie and I have done it lots."

"So you're weird too, then," said Corey.

"I don't like it as much as he does. I think it has something to do with the hormones. But whatever, he always looks kinda funny when he gets wet, and I'll admit, I do too," said Sam.

Corey just messed up his face.

The boys all walked down to the river, which is about a 30 minute walk, and I followed. The parking lot was packed. "Oh boy, there're lots of people here," said Sam.

"Even better," said Robbie. "Then I can see what reactions I get from see-through tights."

The hiked down the trail to the waterfall area, which of course had mostly frozen up. But there were parts that were still not frozen - it had warmed up a bit in the past few days, thinning the ice. But it was still cold.

"Ready?" said Robbie. "Let's just jump in."

"No, let's go in slowly," said Derrick.

"Why? It's too cold to go in slowly. Makes it easier to chicken out," said Robbie.

Just as Robbie was saying that, Derrick noticed Robbie's shoes. "What does that say on your shoes?" he asked.

"Oh, it says 'Soak Me'," said Robbie. "Custom shoes just for soaking."

I saw Derrick reach down and make an adjustment, but he didn't say anything.

"Come on, let's just jump in," said Robbie, who slid across part of the ice to the part that was water and ended up going fully under.

He surfaced shortly after, "ah, refreshing!" he said.

"Fine," said Derrick, who ran and slid into the water too, followed by Jas.

Garry just stood by me and looked at them. "Is it really not that cold?" he asked.

"Oh, it's cold. Robbie just doesn't like to admit it," I said.

A bunch of people were walking past and looking at us, but no one said anything.

Suddenly, I heard Sam say something. "Dare ya to jump in," said Sam to Corey.

"No way!" said Corey.

"I'll do it!" yelled Jaxon.

"You're on!" said Sam, who ran and jumped in, followed by Jaxon.

Sam was wearing his snowboard pants and his favourite shoes, and Jaxon was in grey slim jeans, his winter stuff (toque, etc.), and black Nikes.

"It's f***ing cold!" yelled Jaxon in a high-pitched voice, as he tried hard to get back out.

"You're a wimp!" said Robbie, who was still fully submerged except for his head, and was messing around with the others.

"Go on!" I said to Garry.

"Nah, I'll stay out, thanks. Don't want to get hypothermia," he said.

Suddenly, Robbie sloshed his way out, transparent white tights, clearing showing his black boxer briefs, and grabbed Garry by the arm and pushed him in.

"It's cold!" yelled Garry! "I didn't want to get wet!" he continued.

"Well, we're soaked and so you will too," said Derrick.

The boys didn't play that long as they did get cold, and they knew it was about a 30 minute walk back. The only ones that didn't get wet were Kyle and Charlie - although Kyle did submerge one shoe "to see what it feels like". Oh, and I didn't get wet either - was holding the cameras and needed to be at least alert to walk back. Cold gets to you more when you're older.

Robbie got out and back onto the path, and his tights looked like they were skin-coloured with a black top. He was clearly enjoying it. Derrick's tights were just shiny and glistening in the sun, and he was enjoying it too. The other boys were just cold, so we all went back. I think we passed about 100 people on the walk back along the trail, all of whom had to have at least seen Robbie's, uh, see-through tights.

When they got back, my wife offered to dry everyone's clothes in the dryer - except Robbie's tights - he didn't want them dried. So most of them sat around messing around, drinking hot chocolate, in Sam and Robbie's clothes. Once everything was dry, including mostly the shoes, the boys called their parents to pick them up. None of the parents really knew what happened.

Afterwards, Robbie put the tights back on and got in the shower - of course, he wore his Soak Me's too. "Dad!" he yelled from the bathroom.

I ran over thinking that something was up, and opened the door. "Hi Dad," said Robbie, who was standing there, fully transparent (he had put on one of his trademark 'very-short-sleeved' white shirts, and his white tights, still with black underwear (a different pair). "How do I look?" he said, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"You look, uh, transparent," I said.

"Great!" he quipped, and he ran his hands through his hair and squelched over to the mirror. "Mind getting the camera and taking my picture?"

Fine then, I figured. I went and got the camera and took his picture. It's now on his Facebook page. His grandparents (my wife's parents) noticed it and asked what happened, to which he replied, "I got wet."

I love my boys.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]