Page banner image

Re: Fun memory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by kmf on February 01, 2022 at 03:31:00

In Reply to: Re: Fun memory posted by Pete on January 29, 2022 at 17:50:28:

You know, for what its worth, I worked as a summer camp counselor for 10 years or so. And granted I'm sure every camp has different rules and laws to follow. but honestly I'm surprised they let the kids go canoeing at all. When I was camp staff, anything involving acquatics (swimming, boating, even fishing) had the MOST number of rules and regulations we had to follow. Like an insane amount. All of the staff needed to take training, we had to do lifesaving drills in both the lake and the pool, the campers had to have swimming tests before they'd be allowed in a boat by themselves or in the deep end of the pool. It was insane. So honestly I can understand why they wouldn't just let a bunch of kids go swimming without going through a bunch of BS. (I remember as a kid being shocked to learn that not every kid took swimming lessons. I hated going to swimming lessons as a kid, but apparently lots of kids' parents don't haul them to a freezing high school pool in the summer to learn how to swim.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]