Page banner image

Re: Wet in water attractions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 05, 2022 at 19:21:53

In Reply to: Re: Wet in water attractions posted by dolby1000 on February 05, 2022 at 16:23:27:

Boston Tea Party at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire. Again, one of those rides that's a super sized log flume that takes you up in the air and then suddenly drops you down and when it hits the water the water sprays everywhere. Can't always guarantee you will get wet inside the "boat" though. You never know.

They do have a deck where you can stand and get sprayed, which I loved. Also, just standing on the sidewalk next to the ride would often get you soaked. Sometimes the spray would come up and cover half the walkway between the ride and buildings on the opposite side, sometimes catching people unaware.

They also have a water park, but that requires a bathing suit, plus they had a really nice swimming pool that also required a bathing suit. There was also a high tower that you climbed and got into a "raft" and you went down a series of turning twisting covered slides. There was a sign that read "You will get wet", but I emerged quite dry. They did let me go down that fully clothed and never batted an eye. There was a small log fume that didn't get you very wet either.

Consequently I went to the Boston Tea Party and "partied" there. I had on my standard outfit of cowboy boots, Levi's 501s, Long sleeved shirt, tie, sport coat and cowboy hat. I went on the ride multiple times and stood on the observation deck and got sprayed multiple as well as getting sprayed standing on the side walk next to it. I did that until I was totally drenched and and walked back through the park dripping and squelching. So much fun.

I did lose a hat there once. Obviously you take it off prior to going on the ride. Employees will not retrieve anything that falls off or gets dropped. I had my hat in my hand as I planned to carry it with me and a sudden wave of water from the ride ripped it out of my hand and washed it away. It landed in a spot where one of the employees could have easily gotten it for me but they refused. Still it was a small sacrifice compared to the joys of getting sopping wet fully clothed. Will have to try and get back there this summer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]