Page banner image

Robbie's Friend Kyle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on February 15, 2022 at 02:14:55

I haven't written a story about Robbie in a while. Quite frankly, it's because most of the wet stuff he's done lately has been boring (shower and occasionally bathtub, usually just his shoes or just shorts or just pants, or just his tights (!), or something like that - he said he's "experimenting"). But on the weekend, he had an interesting experience.

So, where we are it's still quite cold. Minus 10 celsius on average. And there's lots of snow. He's not had many opportunities to get wet outside, but told me that he "really wants summer to come so I can get wet more". Ha ha, sure you do!

Well, on Saturday, a friend of Robbie's came over - someone I haven't mentioned yet - it's someone Robbie doesn't know from school, but instead from his club volleyball team on which he has played in the past (and will join again this year now that most of this stuff will be running properly again). I'll call the kid Kyle. He's a kid of Chinese ethnicity, but born here in Canada, and is extremely smart. Anyway, they went upstairs to Robbie's room to mess around and play games, when Kyle saw Robbie's Soak Me's.

"Why do those shoes say Soak Me on them?" asked Kyle.

"Because I soak them," said Robbie.

"Huh?" asked Kyle.

"I soak them. They're my 'for soaking' shoes," said Robbie with a straight face. (Note I was upstairs at the time fixing some of the baseboard along the hallway, so I could hear what they were saying - then I got interested.)

"Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Am I missing some sort of hidden code for soak?" asked Kyle.

"Come here, I'll show you," said Robbie.

Robbie came out of his room and saw me. "Oh, uh, hi Dad," said Robbie. "I'm just gonna show Kyle what I use my Soak Me's for."

I just smiled and nodded.

Robbie went into the bathroom carrying his shoes, having removed nothing else, and turned the shower on. He put the shoes on and told Kyle, who was standing in the hallway, to come in.

"Come in, I'll show you," said Robbie.

"Uh, what?" asked Kyle.

"Just come in!" said Robbie. "You're not gonna see 'anything'."

Kyle very reluctantly went into the bathroom. Robbie then stepped into the shower and got soaked. Wearing everything he had on that morning (will describe that in more detail below), with Kyle standing there not sure what to think.

"Uh, what?" said Kyle.

"C'mon, don't diss it before you've tried it. Have you ever been allowed to get clothes and new shoes completely soaked before without getting yelled at?" asked Robbie.

"No," said Kyle, in a nervous voice.

"Well, Dad let's us," said Robbie, who was getting wetter by the second. "And it feels great, relives any stress you have."

After only a couple minutes, Robbie emerged from the shower. I could hear his shoes squelching from outside in the hallway.

"Go on, it's your turn. Get it and get wet!" said Robbie.

"I don't think so," said Kyle.

"C'mon, it's only water. Mom'll dry your stuff," said Robbie.

"But my shoes are new," said Kyle.

"So are mine," said Robbie. "New and barely worn. Except to be soaked."

After another minute or so of Robbie's encouragement, Kyle finally got into the shower with everything on.

"This feels so wrong," said Kyle quite clearly, but he also seemed to be smiling.

"I said that the first time. But it won't feel as wrong the more you do it," said Robbie.

"When was the first time?" asked Kyle, who was definitely getting more soaked my the second.

"When we went on vacation and ran into a bunch of kids who did some end-of-year ritual of getting in the pool in their dress clothes. They asked me to join them, so I did. Being in a suit in the pool felt so wrong, but then after, especially when we went outside to walk around the block, it felt cool," said Robbie.

I went into the bathroom to ensure the boys had towels, and saw the extent of the wetness. Yup, Kyle was also 100% soaked.

"I brought you both towels," I said, dropping them off on the counter.

"Thanks Dad," said Robbie.

Kyle got out, and I could hear his shoes squelching too. "I see what you mean by feels cool. The shoes are making funny sounds," said Kyle.

Robbie darted back into the shower to re-wet, and then got back out quickly before turning it off.

"C'mon, let's go back to my room. Without drying off. We'll just sit on the towels," said Robbie. "It'll help you get used to it."

They both walked past me as I was on my hands and knees sanding the baseboard, making flipping awesome sounds with their shoes, and went back into Robbie's room. They spent an hour or so all wet before Kyle said he wanted to change, so Robbie got him some of his clothes, and he gave his to me and my wife put them in the dryer. We also stuffed his shoes with old magazines and newspaper (ads mostly, not "news" paper, ha ha). They had lunch, messed around some more, and then Kyle's clothes were done.

"Here," said my wife to Kyle. "All dry."

"Wow, thanks," said Kyle, as he grabbed his clothes. "What about the shoes? I'm gonna get in so much trouble for soaking those."

"Mostly dry. They're wearable now, but if you leave them out when you get home, off your feet, they'll be dry by tomorrow," said my wife.

"Thanks," said Kyle.

Kyle ended up staying another hour or so, during which time we changed out the newspaper. By the time he was ready to go, he's shoes were almost completely dry. Thanks to the newspaper, and some encouragement by my wife using her hair dryer. I offered to drive him home, so he got ready.

So anyway, we took him home - Robbie had tagged along too, and they chatted more in the car - a bit about wet but mostly about volleyball and about a couple of girls they were each interested in.

For those of you wondering about Sam, he was over at a friend's house. And no, he didn't get wet over there. As for what Kyle and Robbie were wearing; Robbie had on grey skinny sweatpants, a black long-sleeved t-shirt, and his Soak Me's. He did have underwear but I have no idea what colour. Kyle was wearing slim-fitting (not really "skinny") beige khaki's, a black t-shirt, and a white hoodie. His shoes were these very-new-looking basketball shoes that were white and red with a black sole - very great for squelching :). He had taken off the hoodie in Robbie's room as it was dripping everywhere, but for that hour-or-so they were playing games while soaked, he had on the rest of his wet stuff.

I hope you enjoyed this. Robbie has lots of "plans" for the summer, so hopefully I'll have more interesting stories.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]