Page banner image

Wonderfully Wet Week Story 1

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Love2GetUWet on February 17, 2022 at 09:44:59

Howdy!

Ok- 2 quick stories about water fun with my GK:
1. Monday took my GK and his totally WW buddy and his little bro (kids are 9 and 8 - we'll call him Johnny and brother Jimmy) to 2 different parks in Downtown SD. The first one had a fountain in it that we USED to be allowed in, but the homeless kept using it as a shower and they decided to put up signs that said, "this isn't a recreational fountain - stay out." There were other waterways near that fountain, they were not marked as such, and might be able to be played in - just don't know... Anyway, planning to do an actual museum there, I didn't want them soaked trying to go through the exhibits, so I warned them, "we're visiting 2 parks today - water fun can be done in the 2nd one, not the first."

Both before but definitely after we did the museum, I had to stop Johnny multiple times from both jumping in the restricted fountain or the nearby waterways and at one point soaked one of his shoes. My Gk tried to push Johnny in one of the waterways and I asked them to hold off until we go to the other park, and they complied grudgingly, so I promised we'd come back and be more bold. Jimmy was more cautious, but repeatedly asked when we could go to the "Water Park" :)

The waterpark? It is in the harbor area of DT SD, and it is the COOLest place - large, grassy areas along a 1/2-mile stretch of an older govt. building. On either end of the building are jets that spray into about 5 pools that at most are 2in. deep, but they are about 20x40ft each. Look up "Waterfront Park" in San Diego - you'll see many pictures of folks in both swimwear and street clothes playing in the fountain. Rarely, you'll catch kids fully dressed (like mine were) frolicking about, but most leave off their shoes.

We get there and I restrict them again - "Playground first, then the fountain" so after about 30 minutes of playground fun, they were chomping at the bit to get soaked. Mind you, bright and sunny, but about 65deg. F and a cool breeze - normal for the coastal region. It was 15 degrees warmer at our house when we left btw... anyway, the boys were all in T-shirts, jeans, socks and canvas vans shoes - my fav's being the solid red with white laces and a white border around the sole - such a classic kid shoe and they look amazing wet! They all got completely drenched, running to and fro through the jets, rolling in the shallow puddles and just having a great time. I got some amazing shots of the kids myself while enjoying a bit of splashing with the boys but with the camera gear stayed dry waist up.

Kids had done this before but loved every minute of it and we had a fantastic time of celebrating Lincoln's birthday!
-L2GUW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]