Page banner image

Do Leprechauns Swim?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on March 18, 2022 at 15:51:23

In their clothes? This one does!

I finally made it back to my favorite hotel with the heated outdoor pool and hot tub with waterfall. I figured it would be a great way to celebrate St. Patrick's day. Plus since it was in the middle of the week I figured it might not be so crowded. I arrived at the hotel a bit early but they let me check in anyway. That was great because it gave me a few extra minutes to stow my stuff and then beat feet to the pool. Every second counts, especially when you're looking forward to that first jump in the pool.

The last time I stayed there I had a room that was right next to the door that leads to the patio/courtyard area where the pool is located which was fantastic because I didn't have to walk the length of the entire hallway down to the main pool entrance. I asked for a room in that same block and got one. Plus the window looked out onto the pool and it was easy to check to see how busy it was.

So what was I wearing for that first dip? My standard brown cowboy boots and hat and belt; a pair of vintage Lee jeans that had been wet once and were so dark blue they almost looked black; light blue and green plaid LS shirt; green tie; and a medium blue wool suit jacket. Since it was St. Patrick's day I wanted to place a fake shamrock onto the crown of my hat. I won't go into all the details that went into getting the shamrock and trying to attach it to the hat but suffice it to say it didn't work. I thought about sewing it on but a fellow WW friend suggested I use safety pins instead. Good idea! What I forgot was that this is a straw hat that has been coated with lacquer to repel water.The prongs of the safety pin wouldn't penetrate through the hat. Insert bad word here! That's what I did! So on to plan B and I pinned it onto the breast pocket of the suit jacket instead. Ta Da! Success!

When I got to the pool there was a woman in it with two teenage boys. I actually though one was a girl at first until she called him by name. OOPS! My bad! Glad I didn't say anything. It was overcast and a bit cool and steam was rising off the pool making it look like a magical Irish glen. As I approached the pool and acknowledged the people in it the woman said, "Come on in." Well, you don't have to ask me twice! I jumped in feet first, much to the astonishment of my fellow swimmers. I don't think they expected that to actually happen, but they definitely got a kick out of it. They were really nice people and they were there for a mini vacation to just get away from everything and their goal was to swim! After a bit they went inside to get in the hot tub and I remained outside in the pool. The water was cooler than I would have preferred but not bad. If you climbed out, as I did, the air was very cool, so it was better to jump back in again. There were vents where the warm water was flowing into the pool and if you stood next to one of those it was quite nice. Eventually I went inside to the hot tub and got really warm. In fact it was almost too hot and I actually had to go back to the pool to cool off some. All told I spent about two hours in the pool and hot tub. My clothes were absolutely sodden and heavy but felt wonderful, particularly those jeans which I love. After a final soak in the hot tub I climbed out to drip off before going back to the room. When I left the lady and two boys were still there. They did indeed tend to swim.

So after changing and hanging up wet clothes in the shower, getting something to eat and watching news I returned to the pool for a second soaking. This time I put on the same brown boots and belt (already wet so might as well wear them); Levi indigo 501s (wet once); light blue and white plaid shirt; light blue silk tie; and a light blue denim western style suit jacket. Since it was St. Patrick's day I had to wear something green and I had bought one of those little leprachaun hats that was bright green with shamrocks on it. Do I have good taste or what? There was a little button on the top of the hat to push and I figured it might play an Irish jig or something, but nothing happened. Ok, so be it, no great loss.

This time I entered the pool area via the main entrance, walking past the hot tub area. The woman I met previously was still there with her two boys. I thought they might actually be boiling Irish potatoes in the hot tub for dinner, but they had come specifically to use the pool and that's what they were going to do. There were some older folks there as well, but not many. By now it was dark and I went out and jumped off the side of the pool. I was hoping the water might have warmed up a bit, but no such luck. Still it was a lot warmer than the night air so much better to stay under. Then back to the hot tub. I had told the lady from my previous swim that I go there quite a bit and swim fully clothed. In fact we had a nice chat, and while I was in the pool she had explained that to the other few people in the hot tub, so they were not totally surprised when I climbed in under the waterfall. One did ask me what it felt like to get wet with my boots on and I said that they were heavy but I was totally used to it and it didn't bother me. I stayed about an hour and a half. Near the end a family came in with a whole flock of children - grandma was apparently taking all the grandkids for a long weekend as they did not have school today for a teachers' convention or some other thing. They were all very nice and well behaved - grandma saw to that, but it was clear that they adored her.

So I had thought about going for a third soak, but by the time I could have gotten changed and back to the pool there wouldn't have been a whole lot of time left before it closed. It literally would have been just a jump in and a climb out with no time to really enjoy it. Plus the kids were everywhere in the pool, enjoying what time they had left. Let them have their fun. I changed, had a drink and some crackers and turned on the tv and planned to hit the pool first thing in the morning.

So this morning I did not get to the pool quite as early as planned. Here in the States our time changed last weekend. For some reason the clocks in my hotel room had not been changed so I was aware of this and acting accordingly. Usually I get up early, pack up my stuff and put it in the car and head for the pool and take a last swim. Then I check out still wet and drive home and jump in the shower. So when I woke up and looked at the clock I figured I still had another hour before I had to do this. So back to sleep. For some reason my internal clock told me to wake up and turn on the early morning news and that's when I discovered it almost seven am which is when the pool opens and when I planned to be there. Not that it really matters, but I gathered up my stuff quickly, stowed it in the car and still managed to make it to the pool before 7:30.

So this morning I was not concerned about wearing green. Which reminds me, I have to tell you about my leprechaun hat. Of course it got wet in the pool and when I came back to my room last night I took it off and threw it on the counter in the bathroom. All of a sudden little green lights start flashing all over the shamrocks embroidered on the hat! So that's what that stupid button was for! Now I couldn't get them to stop! To heck with it, they'll eventually use up the tiny battery inside so let them blink!

Any way this morning I put on the boots I'd worn last night as well as the belt and brown cowboy hat, which was still damp. Also another pair of Lee vintage jeans (also wet once before), gray and light maroon plaid shirt, light maroon tie, and a very light gray tweed wool jacket. I still managed to get there early enough to have the pool all to myself and it was awesome. Then to the hot tub, back to the pool, back to the hot tub. Dripped off and checked out wet but not sopping. The clerk at the counter has seen me do this several times and knows who I am and smiled. So home and into a nice hot shower in my clothes. Leaping leprechauns now I have tons of laundry to do!

So leprechauns really do swim in their clothes. Unfortunately there was no pot of gold at the bottom of the pool. Maybe next time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]