Page banner image

Re: The Rescue

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Neverdry on March 27, 2022 at 22:08:52

In Reply to: The Rescue posted by Robert on March 24, 2022 at 03:17:41:

What I'm about to write will sound similar to my 'What happened' story from September 2nd, but that post really was a dream which I had about two months after this event which really did occur.

I did get the chance to ride public transportation soaking wet. Last July, I decided to go to a grocery store that I don't normally go to, but that has items which I can't get at my regular place. It was a warm sunny day when I started out, but by the time I got off the second bus at the store, a wind had come up and the sky started to get cloudy.

After I left the store with three sacks of groceries, and before the first bus came, the rain was just starting, so by the time I got to the second bus stop, it was coming down harder. Since my grocery sacks were a tougher plastic, I didn't have to worry about them breaking like I would if they were paper.

I had to wait about twenty-five minutes for the second bus, and within a few minutes of my wait, the rain began pounding down. There was no shelter, so there I was drenched in Nike knee-length shorts, a short-sleeved light blue t-shirt, white socks and briefs, and old sneakers (I have no idea what brand).

So the bus finally shows up, and I get on. The driver doesn't say anything, but gives me a look that's halfway between boredom and as if to say "What's a fool like you doing out in a storm like this?"

So I took a seat near the front which was already wet from the last person. I could see where the fabric was a darker color where the person before me had sat. I dripped a good-sized puddle on the floor in front of me, but the floor already had a wet path down the aisle, so between the already wet seat and floor, I didn't feel bad adding to the wetness inside the bus. As I rode, I began to notice that people on the bus seemed to be trying to sneak looks at me, but when I would glance back, they'd look out the window or at their phone or back to what they were reading. I guess they just liked the sight of me wet. No one spoke to me, including the driver.

By the time we got to my stop, the rain had let up quite a bit, and wasn't more that a mist, so it was just a brief summer storm. I have to admit that it did feel good being wet rather than the usual hot and sweaty during an Austin, Texas summer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]