Page banner image

Bike Ride

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on April 14, 2022 at 05:44:55

So here's the "good" story I promised. Maybe not as "good" as I would hope, but still good.

Robbie and Sam both went out into town on their bikes to mess around after school the other day - it's finally starting to warm up. Robbie was wearing a plain white long-sleeved shirt, black slim-fitting sweatpants (under which he had his white tights), along with his Soak Me's (he doesn't normally wear those unless he intends to get wet, so when I saw them gone I figured they had plans). Sam was wearing slim fitting blue jeans and a black hoodie, along with some all black Air Force shoes he had. Sam has grown considerably in the past few months and will be 14 next month (Robbie will be 17 in July), so we're gonna be getting him new clothes soon. To note, both wear their bike helmets (at least they do when they leave the house), but they are not really important for this story.

In our town, there is a river (it leads to the trail and waterfall that are a bit closer to our place), and it's flowing pretty well now that the temperature has been above freezing long enough. But it's still COLD. Let me say that when they came back, they were 100% soaked and still dripping quite a bit.

They had gone down to the river, parked their bikes, and were messing around. Robbie "claims" that they weren't intending to get wet (baloney! See above about the shoes). But he ended up "dropping his bike lock" into the river and had to wade in to get it.

"Then why did Sam go in?" I asked, jokingly.

"Because he was helping me find it," said Robbie.

"You know I don't care if you get wet, you can just say if you did it on purpose," I said.

"We did!" said Sam.

"Sam!" yelled Robbie.

"Why are you hiding it? Did you get in trouble?" I asked.

"No, but some people saw us. And Sam's right, we just kinda waded in," said Robbie. "I don't know why but I just had the urge, and I was shocked when Sam came too."

"But you wore your Soak Me's, so I figured you had planned all along," I said.

"Well, I kinda did, but I don't like to ask Sam or to broadcast it. Just feels kinda awkward now, especially now that I know Shauna," said Robbie.

Shauna is a girl he knows from school, who is his girlfriend. She knows about his wet hobby, but he still gets embarrassed about it with her. Teenager stuff, I guess.

"But you still enjoy getting wet, right?" I asked.

"Oh absolutely," said Robbie.

We had a little chat as Sam went up to change, then I told Robbie he should go take a nice warm shower and clean up. He smiled and agreed, knowing I meant to go in just like he was.

He was in for maybe 10 minutes, and came squelching out of the bathroom, water flying everywhere, his sweatpants were extremely shiny and his white shirt was completely see-through.

"Dad, uh, can you come here," he said.

"Sure," I said. "Go, you're making a mess."

He was leaving a huge puddle on the floor...

I went back in and he closed the door behind me - he'd already turned the shower off, but it was still steamy. He said, "do you really mind me doing this? I get some odd feelings when I do it - both good and bad."

"It's a different hobby that you have, and I had it too when I was your age. Took me until I had you to tone it down a bit," I said.

Robbie looked at himself in the mirror. "Look at me. I look both hideous and f***ing awesome at the same time," he said.

"What about Sam? He doesn't seem as enthusiastic, but he still does it with me when I do ask. But it usually takes me to ask him," said Robbie.

"It's just something that Sam may or may not embrace the same way you do. Enjoy doing this while you can, because once you're more involved with your own family, you won't have nearly as many opportunities," I said.

Robbie started to strip down. He threw the shoes into the tub, and pulled his pants off to reveal his white tights. He looked at himself in the mirror, wearing the white tights and the white shirt. "Wow, ha ha, this looks so funny," he said, laughing. "This is what I mean by good and bad - it looks hideous, but yet I'd love to soak completely again and then walk around outside as if nothing is wrong."

I left the bathroom to let him finish, though it didn't seem as though he cared at that point. But now, I know what happened. We had another chat after he had changed. But we also had a discussion about whether or not he wants to continue doing this or not, and he ultimately decided that he would but would also try to tone it down a bit and not soak things like his only winter jacket that would take forever to dry.

We have a family reunion coming up in the summer, and I told Robbie that I would help him get wet at it by making a scavenger hunt for all the kids, with some of the tasks requiring you to get wet - and those being worth more points. I hope he'll have a blast! (And I hope it works out...).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]