Page banner image

Re: It’s gone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on April 25, 2022 at 16:42:25

In Reply to: It’s gone posted by WetEd on April 24, 2022 at 15:07:46:

It must just be a temporary lull. I know my desire has diminished a bit as I have gotten older. I have missed three events this year that I usually do and have always looked forward to. Two were polar dips and I just couldn't stand the thought of dealing with the cold any more. That would not have stopped me in the past. Then I was supposed to participate in a mud run on April 16th. I actually signed up and paid for it prior to covid. The event was cancelled two years in a row and they just carried over my registration until this year. But my knees are giving me grief and couldn't take doing the obstacle course, plus it was a rather cold, miserable day. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. My memories on facebook just came up with photos taken at this race five years ago where I won two awards - one being the most muddy person there. Then a video from another race popped up yesterday from six years ago of me swimming through a mud pit. So glad I had the chance to do those races and would like try again but five/six years have taken their toll on the old bod. I am looking forward to getting back to the lake this summer.

So if the desire is truly gone then be glad you had it at all and enjoy your memories. But I expect that someday you will be hit with the urge unexpectedly once again and I hope you indulge yourself if and when it does.

Best wishes!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]