Page banner image

Re: Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on May 23, 2022 at 03:50:41

In Reply to: Question posted by Steven B on May 21, 2022 at 23:38:03:

My favorite stories are ones where people are unexpectedly soaked. I actually don't have many stories like this, a few times where I was caught in the rain going for a walk, but then I was home right away and could change.

One time though, I went disc golfing with a guy I'll call Dylan. The disc golfing course we went to on this occasion had a pond that was around hole 6-8. The temp was in the high 70s and sunny, and I made a few challenges along the lines of if I made a particular shot or got a particular score, I could throw Dylan in the pond, and if not, he could throw me in. Generally, I made this joke challenge when it would be obvious I'd win and get to throw Dylan in, so he didn't go for it. When we were on the 18th, I jokingly made the challenge, and ended up missing the metal basket, and Dylan commented that he gets to throw me in the pond. However, since the 18th hole basically ends next to the parking lot and nowhere near the pond, Dylan opted not to because he was "too lazy to walk back to the pond area."

The following week we went disc golfing at the same course again. This time the temp was in the upper 60s and kinda cloudy, as it was approaching the fall months. So therefore I wore my navy blue track pants and a long sleeved light blue t-shirt. Dylan wore khaki cargo shorts and a dark green v-neck t-shirt. We got to the 18th hole again, and it was Dylan's final throw. He wasn't too far from the metal basket where you have to land your disc, and I jokingly said, "If you make this shot you can throw me in the pond, but if you miss I throw you in."

Dylan looks at me and smiles with affirmation, "Ok," he says confidently.

"Wait, I get to choose what disc you use," I replied.

"Sure, go ahead," came his confident response. Different discs have different weights and balancing designs, so some are meant for long range throws, mid-range throws, close range putting, etc. Though with Dylan's skill and the distance between him and the basket, it's a shot he would make 99 times out of 100. The disc I selected ended up not mattering, as he landed it in the basket anyways.

"Looks like I get to throw you in the pond," Dylan said, as we headed back to our vehicles.

"Yeah, but you're too lazy to do it," came my quick comeback, referencing our last outing.

Dylan was ahead of me so he got his stuff put away first, closed the trunk of his vehicle, and said "Ok, let's go," and started walking to the course again.

"Wait, what?" I said a bit stunned, not prepared for what was happening.

"You're getting thrown in the pond. I wasn't going to until you said I was too lazy to walk back there. So let's go." Dylan said as he marched towards the beginning of the course. Halfway to the pond he turned around and gave me a chance to back out even though we did technically have an agreement. I was nervous about the water being cold, but I continued walking with him and agreed to go through with it.

When we got to the pond, I took my shoes, socks, and glasses off, and emptied my pockets of my car keys. The pond was about 3 feet deep at the edge where we were standing. After thinking about how to do this, Dylan decided to trip me with his foot while shoving me forward, so that I ended up belly flopping into the water. I was instantly soaked, and to my surprise, the water was actually quite warm, like, warmer than the air kind of warm. I stood up and waded back to the shore, Dylan smiling and laughing at the situation. With the water being warm, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and I ended up being quite comfortable in my wet outfit. This was also the first time I got soaked in a long sleeve shirt, and while I prefer getting wet in short sleeve or sleeveless shirts, this long sleeve wet shirt wasn't so bad.

As I was getting my shoes back on, Dylan came up and gave me a pat on the back. "That was pretty big of you to go through with that," he said.

"Thanks," I replied. "It wasn't that bad. The water was actually warm." We walked back to the parking lot, as I admired my soaked clothes, the water dripping off my shirt, down my track pants, and the feeling of my soaked clothes.

I have another story that's further down on this page about a pep rally at my high school that had a water balloon toss. It didn't happen to me, but some people got soaked. The water balloons were the size of a small melon. One guy had the balloon explode on him when he caught it between his arms and chest, soaking the entire front of his green/white football jersey, and the whole front of his jean shorts. In the final round, a few people teamed up to take the tub that had a lot of water in it which carried the water balloons, and dumped it on a guy when he wasn't suspecting it. He was completely soaked wearing khaki cargo shorts and a red polo shirt with an undershirt. It was a fun story for me to recall.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]