Page banner image

Re: Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on May 23, 2022 at 12:17:32

In Reply to: Question posted by Steven B on May 21, 2022 at 23:38:03:

This is a great question and I have really enjoyed reading the different responses. They all sound like great fun.

I had to think about it because now I usually plan to get wet and go prepared and dress accordingly and the surprise is that I wind up not getting wet after all. So I came up with three possible incidents. I thought about my first time ever in a dunk tank but that wasn't a total surprise as I knew it was there and I was hoping to get in and did manage it and had gone there to that event, which was a school fair, with that sole purpose in mind.

The second was an outdoor wedding held on the border of New Hampshire and Vermont. The "venue" was the groom's family homestead on the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere. It was a really long drive of several hours and difficult to find. The bride's parents had booked a b lock of rooms at the nearest hotel. I went the day before the wedding because there would not have been sufficient time to get there the morning of the big day. I wound up helping setting up for the wedding, helping put up tents, tables and chairs and some other things. We had a cookout and returned to the hotel. The morning of the wedding didn't look too promising as it looked like it could rain at any moment. The ceremony was being held in a clearing in the woods where the family had created a "chapel" with seating of wooden planks set up on stumps and sawed off pieces of logs. Of course it was decorated with flowers and battery operated fairy lights. Quite nice actually. The reception was to be in an adjoining field overlooking the mountains which was very beautiful. Sure enough right before the ceremony began it started raining. Not a heavy rain, but enough to get everyone damp and chilled. The bridal party and a few of the guests had umbrellas, but most of the guests did not. We weren't drenched by any means, but uncomfortably wet for most people. Of course right after the ceremony the sun came out and it was beautiful. While the rain was a surprise we didn't get totally soaked, so it doesn't count. There was a pool at the hotel that I did take advantage of, but that's another story.

Finally the one that was a real surprise was not getting wet, I had planned on that, but the way I got wet. Again this was a school fair, the same school where I went in a dunk tank for the very first time. They had the dunk tank every year and I was planning to get in it again as they had allowed me to do every year. At that time they allowed anyone who wanted to to get in the tank. Again it looked like it could rain at any moment, but they were still holding the fair. I had no more than gotten out of the car when the heavens opened up and it poured down in torrents. Everyone quickly shut down all the games, gathered up their stuff and left. The track team had been practicing and as soon as it started raining they dispersed as well. Only the coach and one young man remained to put away the equipment. Since they were short handed I volunteered to help. I never got in the dunk tank but in moments I was totally drenched. We all were. We finally got all the stuff inside but here's where the surprise came in. They had one of those large padded mats that pole vaulters use to land on which we left outside as it was too heavy for us to move. The indentation in the middle had filled up with water and it had gotten quite deep. The young track star climbed up on it and slid down into the water and climbed back out and did it again. He was wearing his track uniform - shorts, shirt, shoes and socks. I was in jeans, jean jacket, long sleeved shirt, leather work boots and a ball cap. I couldn't resist giving it a try myself. I couldn't possibly get any wetter. OMG it was so much fun! Very slippery and we slid down on our backs, our stomachs and any way possible. Sometimes we couldn't make it back to the top before sliding back down again into the water. We were the only two people left. Finally we got so exhausted we climbed out, after some effort, and he literally ran off home while I got into my car very tired, very wet, and very happy. No way to drip off prior to getting in the car as I usually do but I did have towels and such but they were really inadequate under the circumstances. I had not anticipated this method of getting wet but it was a total blast sliding down that mat like a couple of otters. Would do it again in a heartbeat if the occasion presented itself.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]