Page banner image

Re: Cancun

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wet Dude on June 19, 2022 at 18:06:26

In Reply to: Cancun posted by Mark on June 18, 2022 at 14:09:59:

I have visited Quintana Roo a few times over the years staying in Cancun and Puerto Aventuras. While you are in this part of Mexico anyone that loves to get soaked in clothes must visit 2 things.

(1) Xel Ha
N20° 19 164' W87° 21 363' (Xel Ha Entrance)
14km north of the Mayan ruins of Tulum.
Xel Ha is a large open water lagoon protected from the sea. The best description of the site is a natural water park. Don’t forget your underwater camera if you have one. Once you pass through the entry gate head over to one of the colour coded changing stations and get your locker key and snorkel gear that is included with your entry. For now put the snorkel gear into the locker. If this is your first visit it is best to walk around the footpaths to get your bearings of the area. Cross over the Floating Foot Bridge and explore the woods. Look out for the web cam at one of the exit points on the lake. On my last visit I only had on my white Pittsburgh Penguins Ice hockey jersey, black and yellow kickboxing trousers and water shoes. Time to get soaked in the lake. First put everything in the locker that you do not want to carry around with you. Put on one of the blue life jackets and make shure that it fits. This is a must as you are going to be in deep water for the next 2 hours or so. Walk, pick up a bicycle or jump onto the land train that will take you to the beginning of the river journey. You then hop onto an inflatable doughnut that will take you through mangroves. This is very scenic as you pass by the trees. For now your top half should still be dry. You next reach the first exit point. The first challenge is to walk over a foot bridge that will take you to the top of a cliff. Jump off the cliff back into the lake with a big splash. Let the life jacket bring you back to the surface and let all the air bubbles escape out of your shirt. :-) You are now soaked and happy. Continue floating down the lake to the next challenge. This time you have to cross a rope bridge thing without falling into the lake. After a few times falling in you make it across to the other side of the rope bridge. Next is a small zip line ending with a splash. After this continue floating down the lake let the life jacket do the work and enjoy your clothes float around you. When you reach the Floating Foot Bridge look out for a small cave that you can go inside. Next is to have a rest and dry up a little. Take off your life jacket and go and get some food and drink. After you have had a break take out the snorkel gear from your locker and put your life jacket back on. This time swim around the rocky areas of the lake to look for as many fish as you can. They have added a large water slide since I was last at Xel Ha.

(2) Cenotes
Cenotes are natural sink holes found all over Quintana Roo and Yucatan. If you go on an adventure tour you will probably get to swim in one of them. They are all different but very scenic. Some of the ones I have swim in are clear blue water others a bit darker with bats flying around and another very deep sink hole that it looks black.
All of them I went into I had on one of my football kits on.

Tell us all about your wet adventures in Mexico.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]