Page banner image

RAIN(at Last)!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on July 19, 2022 at 00:55:20

So much of the United States and Europe have been suffering from extreme heat. Where I live though we have been fortunate to escape the three digit temps with highs in the 80s. We are suffering from drought and are badly in need of rain. This morning the weather forecast called for it to be hot and humid in the morning with showers crossing the state (Maine) from west to east until they reached the coast in the afternoon. It was unclear where these showers would hit - some folks might get them and some might not and some could have heavy downpours and possible thunder and lightning. What we really need is a nice long, steady rain.

I have been going to the lake nearly every day, usually in the mornings. But today I went to visit my friend who is in a nursing home in the am and we sat outside in the little garden briefly but had to go back inside because it was just too hot! When I got home I could see it was beginning to cloud up as they had predicted and thought that I would go to the lake and see what developed. Rain or not I was going to get wet one way or another! So I put on my black boots, indigo Levi 505s, black belt, blue and white pin striped shirt, navy tie and black hat. I grabbed my light weight blue denim suit jacket as well and took off.

Despite the morning heat there were not many people at the lake and no boaters. By then it had completely clouded over and there was a good breeze blowing across the lake making it a bit choppy but at least it was cool. Eventually I felt a few drops of rain.

It always amazes me how people who are clad in bathing suits, who have been swimming in the water all morning and are wet, pack up and leave at the first rain drop! It truly boggles my mind. I on the other hand intended to sit out in it and get drenched "guts, feathers and all" as my father used to say.

It began to rain harder and steadier and I pulled on the suit coat. The drops were making dark spots on my jeans and jacket, pinging on my hat, and making circles on the surface of the lake. My jeans, jacket and the front of my shirt were damp. Then it got darker and the heavens opened up and the rain pelted down. In seconds I was soaked to the skin and loving it. I slipped into the water which was incredibly warm and swam around for a bit and then waded out to climb up on my rock to enjoy the feeling of the wet clothes clinging to my body and to enjoy shiny blueness of all my garments. After the heavy rain had passed it went back to the steady rain but looked like there might be another downpour, which didn't happen. Thankfully there was no thunder or lightning with this storm, just rain, which made it excellent. I went back in the water a few more times thinking those people who had packed up and left in their wet bathing suits didn't know what they were missing. The rain kept varying in intensity but it was just nice and warm and pleasant. Finally I had to leave for home where I topped the day off by wearing everything in the shower.

Hopefully the rain will continue throughout the night. More showers may occur on Thursday - one can only hope. With any luck I will be going back to the lake every day, whether it rains or not. But you can bet no matter what happens, rain or shine, I won't be wearing a bathing suit!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]