Page banner image

Re: What have I been up to?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on July 21, 2022 at 01:39:49

In Reply to: What have I been up to? posted by dolby1000 on July 18, 2022 at 22:08:02:

Sounds like you had a great trip but it's always nice to be home again.

So I have to comment on your use of the term "anti-social". I totally get what you are saying! Funny how some young man or boy can do wacky wet stuff and completely get away with it and no one bats an eye. It's just the exuberance of youth. But when one of us "golden oldies" does the same thing it is often viewed with suspicion. We must have an ulterior motive in mind, have a criminal objective or be completely bonkers. It's age discrimination to be sure but it most certainly exists. So now that I am in my dotage I find myself returning to the spots and places where I am already well known and accepted rather than going to new locations where no one recognizes me or suspects me of having "evil intentions."

My going to the boat ramp has become a major portion of my social life during the summer months. I clearly stick out like a sore thumb. Not only do I not wear swimwear but the clothing I do wear is not typical for this part of the country and I get noticed. I am on a first name basis with many of the regular boaters who use the dock frequently. If I do not show up people ask where I am. I have been told by several of them that they tell others to look for the cowboy on the rock and he will help you if you need it and that they worry about me if I am not there. I always talk to someone when I am there and usually it's multiple people. I have become a fixture and an institution - and there are those who may very well think I should be institutionalized. But it's nice to know that while I am very different it is seen as normal for me to be there and people are concerned when I am not there. That makes me feel good to think that I have touched the lives of so many people in a positive way. I never expected that would happen when this all began several years ago but I am so glad it did. Being different isn't bad, but you do sometimes have to prove yourself to others and that can take courage and time but it is so worth it in the end

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]