Page banner image

Sam's Emergency Shower

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on August 17, 2022 at 02:12:12

Hi all. I had actually written this one back in July and intended to post it, but completely forgot and found it on my computer. This one involves Sam. Enjoy!

So Sam had a bit of an interesting experience during his last week of Grade 8 (he starts Grade 9 - high school - in September). It was completely unexpected, and something he would never had asked to had the teacher not offered. I'll tell you, Sam's becoming a typical teenager now! His voice is deep, he's had a growth spurt (he's almost as tall as Robbie now!), and he's getting more and more maverick. He had just turned 14 not long before this (in May).

Their graduation was going to be June 27th. This happened on June 20th. Their teacher - who taught them in a science room - basically said, "well, we've got one last thing to do this week since you've all passed" and then offered the chance for anyone to pull the emergency shower if they wanted to, to see how it worked.

Sam said he lit up so fast that he didn't want to sound weird, so he had to catch himself a bit. But he put up his hand and said "can we stand under it too?", which induced a bit of laughter but at the same time, good laughter.

"Absolutely, that's the point!" said the teacher. "But make sure you bring your bathing suit!"

Sam suddenly looked sullen. "Uh, sir, I don't have one," Sam noted, to a bit of laughter. "Can I just go like this? If I really needed the emergency shower, I wouldn't be wearing a bathing suit, would I?" he quipped, smartly.

A few other kids actually nodded in agreement and muttered "good point" and things like that. One boy, I'll call him Davey on here, said he wanted to do it too and wanted to "act it out as if something happened, and post it online".

The teacher agreed, and ended up sending home permission slips to all students in case they wanted to do it or in case they inadvertently got wet. June 20th was a Monday - I got the permission slip on Tuesday, and this was due to happen on the Thursday. Sam didn't say a word about it on Monday, and I only found out about it when he asked me to sign the form. He kind of slipped it to me like he expected me to say no or something. Uh, duh. Of course you can do this! So, of course, I signed it!

Sam spend all evening Wednesday trying to figure out what he was going to wear. He and Davey were texting, along with one of the girls I'll call Emma. Emma wasn't going to be involved in the "skit" but she was interested in pulling the shower too (plus I think Sam likes her :)...). He came out of his room holding his brand new suit (the one we bought a bit big that now just fits him).

"Uh, Sam, you wouldn't be normally wearing that in a science lab, would you?" I asked, kinda chuckling.

"No," he said slowly. "But I'd love to soak this in front of everyone!" he then said very fast.

I frowned at him and said that he could wear it if he wanted, but that I would recommend he wore regular school clothes. Just as Sam was heading back to his room, Robbie emerged from the bathroom, not expecting me to be standing right close by. He was shirtless, and wearing his brand-spanking-new black Nike running tights - that he had just gotten delievered that day.

"Oh, uh, hi Dad," he said, a bit sheepishly.

"Got those wet awful fast," I said.

"Yeah, uh, needed to break them in," he said.

He looked a bit, well, "interesting" wearing those, to which Sam laughed. "What?" asked Robbie.

Sam just looked down at Robbie, then Robbie looked down... Well, you know what I mean. Sam told Robbie what he was doing, and Robbie told him right away what he should wear.

"Wear that white shirt that you never like to wear, and those skinny faded jeans I got you for your birthday!" said Robbie. "Oh, and put on those new Air Force 1s Dad got you."

Well, that's what Sam went dressed in on June 23rd. He looked normal leaving for school, and walked to the bus stop. I asked him if he had a change of clothes, to which he replied, "um, hmm."

I took that to mean, "I think so, but I can't kick my teenage brain into gear because it's too early and I'm thinking about this too much," ha ha.

Anyway, I got a call from the teacher around 2 PM. It went something like this.

"Hi Robert, this is Mr. M from Sam's school," said Mr. M.

"Hi sir, how's it going?" I said.

"Fine, just fine. But I think we may need you to come and pick Sam up from school," said Mr. M.

"Oh? Why, what happened?" I asked, thinking something else had happened.

"Well, I trust you are aware of the emergency shower thing we were going to be doing today since you signed the perimission slip, but, well, he is kinda soaked and doesn't have spare clothes," said Mr. M.

I almost spit out my water and laughed.

"Sounds like you kind of find that funny," said Mr. M., also seemingly laughing himself.

"I do actually, because I asked him this morning as he was leaving if he had spare clothes. He muttered what I thought was 'um, hmm' and left," I said.

"Well, I should re-state what I said. He did actually have spare clothes from the original clothes he wore. But he decided to soak those too," said Mr. M. "A bunch of the boys ended up splashing around in the kiddy pool I setup underneath the shower and dared each other to change and wear their only dry clothes. Sam was one of them. He seemed to enjoy it," Mr. M. continued.

"Yeah, he's kinda funny like that. But I think he should just walk home," I said, thinking that would be my version of a punishment for soaking his dry clothes.

"I would suggest you come and pick him up," said Mr. M. "The clothes he soaked last are all white, and he's a bit indecent."

I laughed again. "Sure, I'm on my way," I said.

I grabbed some clothes from his room, and went to grab another pair of shoes but couldn't find any. So I grabbed Robbie's older Nike's.

When I got to the school, I found out pretty quickly what had transpired. The boys had all agreed to wear all white into the water "to see what the girls would say", particularly Emma. Davey was sitting there too, in skinny white jeans and a white "tight" sleeveless shirt, and clearly had on white underwear. Sam was sitting in his white gym shorts and white shirt. He had on his underwear as it was visible.

"Here, Sam, change into this and let's go home," I said, smiling.

"No thanks, I'd like to go home like this!" said Sam, who looked over at Davey who was about to make a sound like "uh, uh, uh!"

"Well, do you have a towel to not soak the seat?" I asked.

"No," said Sam.

"Then you're changing," I said. "Davey, do you need a ride too?" I asked.

"No thanks, my Grandma's coming. She knows I'm wet," said Davey.

So Sam sort of changed (he changed only the pants) and we came home. He told me about the whole bet and dare stuff and couldn't wait to tell Robbie.

Davey's not really into "wet" stuff, just "thrilling" stuff. We know this because Sam called him a week or so ago and asked him if he "wanted to go to the spray park to cool off", to which he got a reply something like "that's kids stuff." Then Sam said, "no, no, in our clothes - you know, goof around", to another reply of, "why would I do that?" Sam said Davey said "getting wet fully clothed was one of those "only do it once or it's not fun anymore" kind of things. Oh well...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]