Page banner image

Re: Sam's Emergency Shower

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on August 20, 2022 at 11:34:18

In Reply to: Sam's Emergency Shower posted by Robert on August 17, 2022 at 02:12:12:

Another great story! Sounds like it turned into an impromptu lesson in biology/anatomy.

I don't recall an emergency shower in our high school chemistry lab. Guess when they built the school they figured it wasn't necessary as we would be more likely to blow ourselves up first.

While working for the post office I was assigned the position of HazMat (hazardous materials) "officer" in our building and was responsible for dealing with isolating any packages that were suspicious in nature and suspected of containing hazardous or dangerous materials. Most of the time it was dealing with envelopes that had broken open and contained powdery substances or packages that were leaking fluids or liquids. Had to attend classes and was given a kit with protective gear that consisted of rubber gloves, paper booties for our feet, goggles and a paper apron - all disposable but not offering all that much real protection.We had no shower although some of the larger processing mail plants did. Fortunately there were not many episodes requiring HazMat treatment and those that did in our office proved to be nothing dangerous in the end much to my relief.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]