Page banner image

Re: What are your biggest regrets?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on September 15, 2022 at 14:49:37

In Reply to: What are your biggest regrets? posted by JoeJoe on September 15, 2022 at 02:38:12:

There are many instances where I would have liked to have gotten wet or muddy but didn't. Usually it was because of the people around me who gave off "bad vibes" and left me with the impression that they would not be approving or receptive to the idea. Then there are other moments when it would have been fine but for some reason or another I just froze and didn't follow through with the idea. I think we all go through this at one time or another even though it doesn't really make much sense not to.

My biggest regret involves mud, not water. It was actually Father's Day and I was supposed to go to my parents' house for lunch and a family celebration. I had been out that morning for some reason I can't remember - probably to pick up a card because I had procrastinated in doing so - and I was dressed in some nice clothes, clothes that I ordinarily wouldn't have gotten muddy. Anyway, for the sake of variety I turned down a road that I don't usually take and was suddenly surprised to come across some guys on atv's running a mud course in someone's yard. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! This family had a large vacant area next to their house and had actually built a course that wound through the trees, around rocks and created a large loop. They had flooded it and it had some of the best mud I have ever seen. I could tell it was fairly deep and nice and creamy and smooth. I stopped the car to watch. There was a woman standing out there watching the guys going through the course. I actually got out of the car and walked over to her.

I would have given anything to have jumped into that mud! But everything was wrong - I really didn't have the right clothes on, although that wouldn't really have stopped me; I was totally unprepared and had nothing with me for clean up afterwards and nothing with me to protect my car seats. Most of all I didn't have time as I had to get to my parents and there was no way I could get home and shower and change and make it to their house at the appointed time. A million thoughts were running through my mind. If it had been some other occasion I might have blown it off and had a good romp in that mud. But I had already promised to be at my folks' house - after all it was Father's Day and I just couldn't abandon my dad and not show up. I spoke briefly with the woman and asked her about the course. I don't remember much but I do remember her telling me her neighbors were not very happy that they had built it. I do think she would have let me jump in the mud if I had asked, but I didn't. I had to leave.

After having lunch and spending time with my family I immediately headed back to where the mud was. I was hoping they would still be using the course or that some one would be there. No matter what I was going to try to get in that mud. But there wasn't a soul there. I didn't dare to walk across there property and just dive in the mud without their permission so I headed home.

I drove by the place several times in the next few days but never stopped. I had lost my courage about asking to go in the mud. I did not know these people at all and had no idea what they would think if I asked to jump in the mud fully clothed. Maybe they would let me or maybe they wouldn't. Eventually the mud dried up. I made it a point to go by that house often after that in case they had flooded the course again but they never did.

It was an opportunity lost and I have always regretted the fact I didn't ask the woman if I could come back later to play in the mud when I chance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]