Page banner image

Re: Christmas & New year swims

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on December 29, 2022 at 00:45:41

In Reply to: Christmas & New year swims posted by Wd on December 28, 2022 at 09:44:25:

I have done several of these in the past and there are three happening here where I live in the US (Maine) this weekend.

Saturday there is the Dash and Dip where proceeds go towards cleaning up the environment. You can participate in a run or do a dip in the ocean or both.

Sunday there is the Lobster Dip where proceeds benefit Special Olympics. Literally hundreds of people participate in this one.

Also Sunday is a polar dip where proceeds go to victims of domestic violence. I plan to participate in this one as it is my personal favorite. First of all the registration fee is small. It is a much smaller attendance and not a mob scene like the other two. Also you don't have to preregister and can actually sign up right before the dip takes place, which is good because if I decide not to go don't lose the money. Not that it isn't for a good cause but money is money after all.

I have actually participated in all three in the past. I will be going to hotel for New Years Eve for a swim in the pool and then do the Polar dip on Sunday. Will write about it after.

So definitely think you should do one. Lots of fun and clothing/costumes are encouraged. You'll love it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]