Page banner image

Re: Dunk tank drama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on January 12, 2023 at 03:22:37

In Reply to: Dunk tank drama posted by Pete on January 12, 2023 at 01:05:53:

Sorry you got such a negative reaction, but I am not completely surprised. I've had a lot of experience with dunk tanks in the past and while I absolutely love them I have seen a lot of injuries and things happen simply because most people don't know what to expect when they are being dunked. And with all my experience I have suffered some injuries myself although they have all been minor. I have been hit with the ball when it bounced off the side of the tank. I have hit my head on the side of the tank when falling and pinched my fingers when putting the seat back up. I have seen seen people "overthrow" the ball and watched it go hurtling through other games into the crowds of people there. And once when I was being dunked I had a super soaker and was spraying the crpowd with it to get them revved up and hit one little girl right in the eye and of course she screamed bloody murder! Can't blame and I felt terrible.

However I think the real problem is more than that. I don't think anyone was seriously hurt I expect it was more a clash of people and personalities. As you know one of the ways to get people to throw balls is to incite the crowd via insults, comments and funny rmarks. I actually worked at a fun park one summer as the dunkee in the dunk tank and my predecessor whom I replaced taught me a lot about it, especially what to say and what NOT to say. There is a very fine line that you mustn't cross. I have had people get mad enough that they have actually thrown the ball at me instead of the target! So I suspect that somebody went too far and infuriated the person throwing and some sort of fight ensued. I saw one dunk tank at a fair shut down because the dunkee was really raunchy.

If there had been an accident with the dunk tank I am sure the other organizers would have said so. But I suspect that someone overstepped their bounds and insults were hurled andn at least one or more of the parties involved was sitting around that table. Hence the reluctance to explain.

Give it time. I expect sooner or later one of your neighbors will fill you in on what happened. Please let us know as well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]