Page banner image

Re: Another Polar Plunge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by swimmerrat on February 23, 2023 at 15:36:53

In Reply to: Re: Another Polar Plunge posted by Zonie on February 21, 2023 at 05:37:44:

yep, zonie, i'm still here. just have not posted for a while. been very hectic to put it mildly. will give a bit of a background. part will seem unrelated, but will add up.

my immediate family was on the small side. my parents just had me and my sister, she was married with my niece, and i never been married or have kids.

in jan 2018 my mother passed away. ten months later we lost my sister. dad was in ga, i am in sc, and my niece was in new york. (no one liked my brother-in-law, we no longer communicate). i had to go out of town more often to help dad with things around the house and his farm. sadly, i lost my dad a year ago this feb. only family i have left now is my niece, one aunt, and cousins.

i was his next of kin and executor. he left a detailed will and did a lot of preplanning but still a lot to do. i had to solo take care of funeral and visitation, and every weekend (and some during the week) was a 300 mile round trip out of town to pack, sort, organize, be there for friends and relatives coming to pick items they wanted, etc, along with arranging for care of his farm. my parents had been in the same house since 1961 so over sixty years of accumulations to go thru (and they were pack rats), also he had a farm ten miles from there with fifty goats that had to be taken care of.

my niece and her husband moved into my parents house in april (she could not stand the thought of strangers in her grandparents house) so she took over the house then. my entire life was put on hold those few months, and rest of the year was catchup. no wet buds visiting at all. occasionally during the year things came up with the estate that had to be taken care of.

to add to all of that, my dad had two trucks. i inherited one, my niece got the other. about a week after my niece moved down i was going to work one morning and got rear ended in the truck (by a city bus at a red light). did not total, but was damaged, so of course had to deal with that, in addition to everything else.

luckily, my workplace was very understanding and gave me no problems whatsoever during this entire time.

i did my scuba diving in the summer and i have a pool in my backyard so many days was scuba diving in our local river or ponds (jeans and cowboy boots), and in the evenings would mostly be a suit and tie in the pool. of course if i was doing yard work and got hot then of course cool off in the pool, again mostly jeans and work boots or cowboy boots. i got too busy to post on this site, and to be honest, if i posted every time i got wet it would be boring and repetitive.

late last summer i was taking a scuba tank out of my truck, mis-stepped, and faceplanted in my front yard. when i stood up my shoulder hurt bigtime. i thought i jammed it or maybe a sore muscle. it never got better and i finally had to go to the doctor, who diagnosed a torn rotator cuff. i had surgery on dec 1, in a sling for six weeks, and still in recovery. (to add to the fun, i am left handed, and it was my left shoulder,) i have been out of work on disability since the surgery, and will probably be out of work for another month. i am in physical therapy now, and am getting better, but my movements are still limited, so i have started getting wet and muddy, but limited, and have to be very careful so i do not harm the shoulder again.

hopefully soon i can be back to full activities again. therapist said i will be back to 100 percent but will take a while.

i know this is a long post but was hard to tell some without telling the rest of the story. am looking forward to getting back to normal and spending more time in the water when weather warms up.

actually did get wet twice yesterday. we hit 80 degrees, so had to take care of the itch. i put on gray pinstripe suit, light gray shirt, black, white, gray patterned tie, black vest, white pocket hankie, black western boots and belt, black dress socks, and gray briefs and tshirt, and hit the pool. water was between cool and chilly, but once the head got under was not bad at all. had to be careful swimming but was still nice to be wet again. (pool is an intex pool, 14 ft diam and 4 ft deep. there were some leaves in the bottom of the pool so i spent a little time vacumming the pool. i took a couple of beers with me and just for a little while just stood and relaxed in the water. felt good to put it mildly.

got out, changed into jeans, burgandy and white plaid shirt, black tshirt, denim jacket, brown square toed western boots, brown belt and cowboy hat. did some yard work (again have to be careful not to strain something) and after doing that for a while back in the pool for a denim swim. was getting cool by then so hung out in pool for a while, then back to being dry for the rest of the night.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]