Page banner image

Growing Up - getting a friend to get 'soaked'

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wetnboy on February 26, 2023 at 16:56:24

My absolute favorite wet clothes story growing up occurred at age 12, and is a total soaker involving coaxing a friend to ‘break the rules’ (what? who-me? Break the rules?). Somebody got blamed and in ‘Big trouble’ for it (I’ll let you guess who before you read on).

It was another warm summer afternoon and I was at my neighborhood friend Ron’s house. Ron was a year younger than me. He was short with red hair and freckles. Ron was an only child and his family had a small 12’ round 3’ deep pool in the backyard. It wasn’t much, but we were young and hey it was wet. I’d go over and we’d splash around and ‘swim’ often in the summertime wearing ‘proper swimming attire (swimsuits only) as required by his parents rules. His mom was home inside the house on this afternoon and we’d been in and out playing as usual. I recall that Ron always wore full length jeans, usually a darker blue or Kelly green color and this day was no exception. I never saw him in shorts or cut-offs even when it was really hot. He also never varied up top always wearing a t-shirt with an unbuttoned lightweight cotton shirt over the T, and Black sneakers. I had on my usual summer attire of a light colored t-shirt, cut-off Tough-skin jeans, calf-length white socks with stripes and White sneakers.

His Mom had to leave in the car for a-while and booted us out of the house where we had been. I don’t think she trusted us not to be up to something that we shouldn’t while she was away. She locked the door too so we couldn’t go in while she was away. She said “I’ll be back in about 45 minutes” and to “Remember, stay out of and away from the pool”. The rule was an adult had to be home for anyone to be in the pool.

Being warm outside with no breeze wasn’t fun. At least inside we could sit near a large electric fan that would keep the air moving and felt cooler than being outside. We quickly got hot, thirsty and of course bored. A drink from the garden hose was what we needed. Now these garden houses had two outdoor faucets, one in the front and one in the back each at the center of the house. Ron’s family left hoses hooked up to both all the time as the pool would need to be topped off in the backyard and to water flowers and bushes in the front. The backyard by city code was fenced with a 3’ high cyclone fence so young children couldn’t wander in by the pool and climb the ladder. There was a gate on the driveway side to enter the back yard.

So after each of us satisfied our thirst with a drink from the backyard hose I put my thumb to the end of it and sprayed it at Ron who was now standing next to the pool and quickly scooped his hand in and sent a pretty good spray of water back at me. If this was in a Cafeteria setting you’d have heard someone yell “food-fight!”, but our silent grins gave each other the signal that the ‘water-fight’ was on. I put my thumb again to the end of the hose and sprayed him scooped more water may direction before he ran to the side of the house with me chasing him holding the backyard hose and spraying him while he escaped by climbing over the fence, but not before he was dripping really good. I went to the backyard waiting his return, but he didn’t return despite my waiting a bit.
I eventually turned the faucet off and casually walked around the front of the house looking for him only to be ambushed by Ron hiding between bushes with the front hose which had a hand pull type nozzle that let out a long range and wider spray. I was quickly soaked from head down including all my clothes on the front side. The water pouring off me was flowing down my legs soaking the socks which began seeping into my shoes as I ran toward the backyard with Ron chasing me around the side of the house soaking my backside as we ran to where the length of the hose would reach where even then he continued soaking me by raising the spray higher in the air and with a tighter longer steam out of the nozzle. We were both laughing and loving it. He then retreated around the front again and I checked both sides of the house before climbing the fence and sneaking around the side to the front again only to see him lying in wait with the hose near the other side to ambush me again. I raced to the faucet in the center as he saw me sprayed me as I turned the water off. When that happened Ron ran for the backyard and grabbed that hose while turning the water on as I came after following after him. It was then he underestimated me. Since I was already completely drenched I had ‘nothing to lose’ and kept coming at him despite his spraying me. I managed to wrap my arms around him from behind and grab part of the hose turning the end of it back on him completely soaking him. He let go and tried to take off but now I had the hose chasing him and soaking his backside as he ran.

So now here we are looking like two drowned rats with our hair and clothes dripping and our sneakers squishing while we laughed. Knowing we still had a bit of time before his Mom would be back and we’d be able to hear the car pull in, I said “Hey Ron, we’re already completely soaked, so let’s go in the pool now – no one will be able to tell “. Well, the tap water was cold and Ron was now shivering and thinking about it as we both knew the pool water was nice and warm from the sunlight. He thought about it; then said, “No, I can’t – My mom will kill me if she find out I went in with my clothes on and without her at home. I replied, “but she’ll never know; cause we’re already completely soaked". Ron replied while shaking his head “no, I can’t, but you can if you want to!” That’s the only permission I needed and I climbed over the ladder and swam back and forth enjoying the feeling of the clothes moving on my body in the balmy warm water. I even was enjoying having the sneakers on in the pool. Everything felt great as I dove under a few times as Ron kept lookout for his Mom while shivering and watching me have fun.

About 10 or 15 minutes later, He yelled “here she comes – hurry get out – boy am I in trouble – I’m really gonna get it”. As I got out dripping I said “you won’t get in trouble you weren’t in the pool and I’ll swear to that.” His mom parked the car as we came around the side of the house. I still remember her screaming at Ron as she got out of the car and coming at him chasing him into the front yard and him staying several feet away from her. “Ron W.! You’ve been in that pool with your clothes on!”. “I wasn’t in the pool” Ron said. “Yes, you were, don’t lie to me, you’re completely soaked and can’t tell me that’s from anything else.” she continued screaming at him. Then I spoke up “He wasn’t in the pool Mrs. W., really. We had a water fight with the hoses in front and in back and got completely soaked” Ron shaking his head while quivering and shivering as she started screaming at him again “You’re soaked to the bone. You’ve been in that pool I know, now get inside and get changed; your grounded for the rest of the day“. Then turning to me said in a pleasant quiet tone “I’m sorry, but Ron’s grounded for the rest of the day with no friends, so you’ll have to see him later”. Turning back to Ron she shrieked “I said – get inside and get dry before you get sick!” Ron replied “I can’t, the door is locked, remember?” “Oh, here” she said as she calmed some and got the key out. As they both went in Ron gave a look back at me while raising his eyebrows and shrugging one shoulder as if to say “I knew I’d be in big trouble.”

I walked home still dripping all the way down the street and around the corner to my house. You could’ve followed my wet trail as my shoes squeaked and squished with each step as water was still gravitating toward them from the socks above. I knocked on the screen door to get Mom to come so I could ask for a towel and not drip all the way thru the house to my room as that would have got me in big trouble. My Mom just said, what happened to you?” I replied “Me and Ron had a water fight with hoses – he’s as wet as me and his Mom got mad at him and grounded him for the rest of the day”. Mom said “Ok, stay there and I’ll bring you a towel.” Fortunately, Ron was my friend but our Moms weren’t friends.
Ron never told that he ‘let me’ swim in the pool. I did feel bad that he got in trouble, but being an only child with parents whose worse punishment was usually grounding him for the rest of the afternoon wasn’t too bad. The yelling was probably the worst part to endure. I had a Great day! No regrets about getting Ron in trouble; he admitted to me later it was worth it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]