Page banner image

Re: Sam, Nathan and the Hot Tub

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on March 03, 2023 at 21:26:33

In Reply to: Sam, Nathan and the Hot Tub posted by Robert on March 02, 2023 at 04:31:27:

What a great story. My favorites are the times someone gets soaked in their clothes without it being planned, usually through a game, challenge, or competition.

Nathan reminds me of myself, though not quite as extreme. When I was growing up, I hated getting my clothes wet or dirty. I actually loved swimming and playing with water, as long as I was wearing swim trunks and no shirt, and I didn't mind sitting in the grass, though I never really got dirty and certainly never played in the mud or anything like that as a kid. One time my family did take me to one of those demolition derbies where the cars might spray mud into the crowd, but by the time that actually happened, it was really just clumps of dirt that just fell off, nothing actually messy or anything.

But growing up I hated getting my normal clothes even a bit wet. If there were a couple wet spots, I wanted to change right away. If there was ever a chance of rain in the forecast, I had an umbrella with me. Anytime I saw someone getting their clothes soaked, like in a dunk tank or water ride at an amusement park, I was confused why they found it enjoyable. Meanwhile, I would avoid anything that would result in me getting my clothes wet.

At a pep rally my senior year of high school they had a water balloon toss as an activity. They did each grade level separately, and I recall seeing one of the juniors try and fail to catch the water balloon, and it exploded right on his chest. It completely soaked his entire front side, shirt and shorts. I was wondering how a single water balloon could do that much, and it turns out those water balloons were giant. No one could hold them with one hand, they were about the size of a small melon. Somehow I actually got called down to participate when it was the seniors' turn, but I refused to move from the stands. The tub that was holding the water balloons had a bunch of water in it too, and during the balloon toss, a few people grabbed the tub and snuck up behind one of the guys and dumped it on his head, completely soaking him. Knowing the people involved, that probably would have happened to me if I had participated. Now that I enjoy getting my clothes wet, I kinda wish for a do over on that sort of stuff, or my whole childhood really.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]