Page banner image

Re: Caught by surprise

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on March 10, 2023 at 10:43:26

In Reply to: Caught by surprise posted by Pete on March 10, 2023 at 02:16:15:

Great story with a very HAPPY ending!

Many years ago when I as in the army I was stationed at Fort Myer, Virginia right next to Arlington National Cemetary. It was a ceremonial unit and our company was one of funeral companies officiating at military burials in Arlington. It required soldiers to wear dress blue uniforms and it's the kind of job that can get to you mentally after a while. I did not have to do this as my job was Company Clerk (think of Radar O'Reilly on the tv show MASH) and worked in an office all day.

Any way once a year the company was required to go out into "the field" for training for one or two weeks. The guys actually looked forward to it as it was a break from the routine and practically a huge camping trip and a bit of a vacation despite the training. They even let them wear civilian clothes during most of the trip. However, as the company clerk I did not go with the rest of them but was left behind to watch the barracks and keep track of things as there were no locks on the doors and anybody could just walk in and steal things. Usually I didn't mind being left behind but on one of these trips on the last day they all formed into platoons and were marched off the end of a dock into a lake fully clothed. They were all in "civvies" and most were wearing jeans, tees, military combat boots. I would have loved to have done that and was upset that I had missed that. Everybody said it was the best part of the trip!

But being alone meant I could shower in my clothes! In fact I could turn on all the showers and run from one to the other and back and it didn't matter. There was total privacy. So one afternoon I was in the shower in my clothes enjoying myself when I heard footsteps. WTH? Then a voice, "This is Leiutenant So and So. Is anybody in there? "Yes Sir" I gave my name and rank and said I was just taking a shower. I just about pooped myself expecting him to come look around the corner any second but fortunately he was a gentleman and didn't. He explained that he had been asked to do a walk through of the barracks knowing no one was there and make sure everything was secure and he just wanted to make sure no one had gone off and left the shower running.
"No, Sir, everything's fine." And he left, WHEW! Too close for comfort. I don't know what would have happened if he had come around that corner but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been a happy ending like Pete's.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]