Page banner image

The Clothed Pool Party!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on April 05, 2023 at 03:58:35

Finally, the big day came and went.

Sorry about the delay in posting this. On Monday, I started feeling really crummy. Negative for COVID-19, but still sick :(. Thanks, pool party...

Anyway, complicating the timeline is that this was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be - keeping track of more than 20 outfits and fake names!

21 of Sam's and Robbie's friends accepted the invite for this pool party, and I'll tell you, it was a heck of a lot of fun! Sam and Robbie decided to do this kind of like a potluck - tell us what you plan to wear, and we'll ok it or not to ensure "even distribution of clothing styles".

They decided to bill it more as a chance to try swimming with everything on in terms of safety and life saving, which actually got a lot more interest than they thought. Originally, Sam thought it would only be him and Robbie, and maybe Nathan, Mickey, and Lester.

I'm listing all the attendees (and their fake names) here not only for you as the readers, but for me to ensure I have them right throughout the story! Here are the people featured in this story, which are the people who attended the pool party, their ages, what they wore, and their ethnicity when they are not Caucasian. I had to refer to a lot of pictures multiple times of the event to get this right (and I didn't know most of these kids, so I had to also remember who was who and which fake names I gave them), so I hope everyone appreciates the details provided. I know at least I like to visualize all the stories I read here, so I'm assuming many of you do too - so I provided links where appropriate to the various outfits or shoes, when it is maybe not obvious what it would look like.

I won't be posting any of the photos on here (even blurred), so please don't ask. But we have lots of photos and videos that many will probably share on their own socials in various ways.

Everyone that came agreed to the rules of bringing clean clothes and shoes, to change into them at the pool, and to keep them on throughout the party, which was great. Everyone knew what they were getting into, and all the parents of these attendees agreed, so all is good.

Robbie (age 17) - a slim-fitting black dress shirt, a light-blue tie, black dress pants, and black Clarks dress shoes.

Sam (age 14) - a brand new, snazzy, navy-blue suit with a white dress shirt and royal-blue tie, along with brand new all black Air Force 1s.

Lucas (Sam's friend and Zoey's brother, age 15) - thin light grey "skinny" jogging pants, a black sleeveless shirt, a plain white hoodie, and Air Jordan Retro 5's (like these: www dot footlocker dot ca/en/product/jordan-retro-5-mens/41587047.html).

Mickey (Sam's baseball teammate, age 15) - his full baseball uniform (white tight shin-length pants with royal-blue knee-length socks, a skinny white long-sleeved training shirt, and a royal-blue sleeveless jersey, and instead of his cleats, he wore white Nike Air More Uptempo 96 shoes like these: www dot footlocker dot ca/en/product/nike-air-more-uptempo-96-mens/46270523.html.

Nathan (Sam's friend, age 14) - all white outfit - white Adidas track pants and a white long-sleeved shirt, along with white Air Max 90s (Sam recommended these for him). He did have black underwear underneath, which was very visible (and the subject of lots of giggling girls).

Ben (Sam's friend, age 14) - light-beige slim-fitting pants and a royal-blue Adidas hoodie (and some sort of shirt but didn't see what), along with grey Nike running shoes.

Cody (Robbie's friend, age 17) - black slim-fitting jogging pants, a slim-fitting black hoodie with GAP on the front, and black Air Jordan 1 Mid's (www dot nike dot com/ca/t/air-jordan-1-mid-shoes-2Sd8TJ/554724-091).

Lester (Robbie's friend and Arowyn's brother, age 17) - a full orange morphsuit and Air Jordan 6 Retro's (like these: www dot nike dot com/ca/t/air-jordan-6-retro-shoes-kd7N3v/CT8529-141) - this morphsuit was very translucent when wet as you could see his boxers underneath, which he was absolutely not expecting (he commented on it several times, and many of the girls kept giggling at him every time he emerged from the water). He mostly kept the head part down because he couldn't breathe through it when it was wet.

Kyle (Robbie's friend, age 17) - of Chinese descent. Wore black running tights with red adidas shorts on top, and a white sleeveless shirt, along with white and black Adidas running shoes (like these: www dot footlocker dot ca/en/product/adidas-x-plr-casual-shoes-mens/35051955.html).

Jas - aka "Deep" for his real name "Jasdeep" (Robbie's friend, age 17) - of Indian descent. Wore black "skinny-ish" blue jeans and a black t-shirt, and black/white Vans shoes.

Davey (Sam's friend, age 14) - a slim-fitting white long-sleeved dress shirt with a black tie with a plain black sleeveless shirt underneath (very visible when wet!), black skinny dress pants, and Clarks dress shoes (like these: www dot dsw dot ca/en/ca/product/collection-by-clarks-whiddon-cap-wide-width-oxford/211182127?activeColor=110).

Matt (Sam's friend, age 14) - skinny light blue faded jeans, a grey sweatshirt and a high-viz vest (didn't see what shirt he had under it, but I'm pretty sure he did have one), and light brown Timberlands "Waterproof" boots (like these: www dot timberland dot ca/shop/mens-boots-en-ca/mens-treeline-waterproof-insulated-boots-brown-tan-a44ud231-en-ca), which aren't so waterproof when fully submerged, ha ha.

Zach (Robbie's volleyball teammate, age 17) - short-ish white shorts (very transparent!) showing his black underwear, a red/white sleeveless volleyball team jersey, along with Mizuno volleyball shoes (like these: www dot sportchek dot ca/categories/shop-by-sport/volleyball/volleyball-shoes/product/mizuno-mens-cyclone-speed-3-indoor-court-volleyball-shoes-low-to-color-333790433_10-333790433.html#333790433%5Bcolor%5D=333790433_10).

Sophia (Robbie's friend and Jayden's sister, age 16) - Black (African). Wore her full soccer uniform - red shorts with a red jersey, long white socks with black non-metal cleats.

Madison (Robbie's friend, age 17) - a black figure-skating dress that she said was a bit too small for her that she knew would be "ruined" by the water (kinda looks like this one, kinda not: www dot walmart dot ca/en/ip/LIUHUO-Figure-Skating-Dress-Black-Velvet-Skating-Dress-Girls-Skating-Competition/PRD2RGMLQL94MB8), and wore black Vans shoes (obviously couldn't wear her skates).

Arowyn (Robbie's girlfriend and Lester's sister, age 17) - a red sleeveless mini dress (like this one: www dot dynamiteclothing dot com/ca/p/sleeveless-mini-dress/100074237.html) and all white Nike shoes.

Joshua (Sam's baseball teammate, age 15) - light grey "long johns" (thermal underwear), thick black ski-style pants with suspenders, a white long-sleeved t-shirt, a light-grey hoodie, a very puffy dark blue North Face winter jacket, a black toque with pom-pom on top, and thick black mittens. He specifically showed me his stuff so that's how I know about the long johns, ha ha.

Idoshe (Sam's "girlfriend", age 15) - half-Black (part Kenyan). Wore skinny white jeans with holes in the knees, a red t-shirt and grey New Balance running shoes.

Zoey (Robbie's friend and Lucas' sister, age 16) - a black cap-sleeved crop top (shows the belly button), very skinny light blue jeans, and pink and white Air Max 90s.

Jayden (Sam's friend and Sophia's brother, age 13) - Black (African), and plays on a travel soccer team in the big city nearby, so wore his full all-yellow uniform (very transparent!), including the non-metal orange cleats (or boots, as some on here may know them better as).

Amir (Robbie's friend, age 18) - of middle-Eastern descent. Wore skinny light beige pants, a plain white long sleeved shirt, along with brand new all white DC Pure shoes that he unboxed just outside the pool (!).

Shauna (Robbie's former girlfriend, age 18) - wore black running tights with black shorts on top, and a long-sleeved royal-blue running shirt, along with black and grey New Balance running shoes.

Adam (Sam's friend and Jayden's teammate, age 14) - also wore his all-yellow team uniform (very transparent!) with the orange non-metal cleats.

So, everyone had an absolute blast. Not one of the attendees asked if they could take their stuff off, and left everything on the entire time (except for the time when a few of them tried "getting dressed underwater"). Lots of soaking wet teenagers. A bunch of parents stuck around to watch - all seemed to wish they had done this as kids at least once, ha ha.

There was a small panic on Thursday when they said we couldn't wear shoes in all of a sudden. When we asked why, they said "oh they're not allowed". Then we said that the whole point of doing this on Saturday was it was the day they were going to be draining the pool anyway. They ultimately said "oh good point, go ahead". Seems like this was just a case of someone not realizing what was agreed to and following policy instead.

I don't know how else to describe what they did - what do teenagers do at a pool party? They puttered around first for a bit, kinda daring each other to be the first one in, then Sam and Robbie said they'd go - so they jumped in and everyone followed. A few people were kind of shocked at Sam and Robbie's outfits and were really asking them if they were actually going to soak them, to which Robbie or Sam replied "of course" (they were each asked multiple times). Davey was dressed up too, as was Arowyn, so they all kind of looked funny like that. There was a lot of swimming, getting out, jumping back in, bellyflopping in, cannonballing in, you know, the fun stuff. The pool let us use the small diving board (there's also a large one but they wouldn't let us touch it) so many of them were using it too. Only right at the beginning did some of them comment how "weird" or "funny" their stuff felt all wet, but most just seemed to forget about it after the first 10 minutes or so. Some of them originally would try to "wring out" their stuff everytime they got out, but then Sam said "why are you doing that, it's only just going to get wet again" so most stopped.

The only mention of clothes or shoes was when any of the "wackywetters" (Robbie, Sam, and even Joshua and Mickey) asked some of their friends things like "get out and squelch your shoes". Sam for a while had a contest to see who could send the squelch the farthest - anyone with those shoes with holes in the top always won that, ha ha.

One of the girls (Zoey) even said that all kids should have to do exactly this at least once in their lives so they're not so afraid of wet clothes - and not by chickening out and only wearing shorts or by leaving out shoes. She was in a boating incident about five years ago and many of the people were so worried about getting their clothes wet when the boat took on water that they were neglecting the basics of saving themselves... In her words, "it's not actually that bad being soaked. Just a different feeling that you have to get used to. You can drown with nothing on just as easily as with all your clothes on. The difference is, you always practice in the water with nothing on and then don't ever know what it would feel like with all your stuff on, so you panic. But if you even did it once and messed around in the water for a while, instead of getting wet and immediately undressing, you'd learn the slight differences you have to do to your technique in order to stay afloat." By "nothing on", she meant "bathing suit", by the way.

She's exactly right. For some reason, none of the "swimming lessons" taught here have any part where you have to wear clothes - well, occasionally the school actually does it (I think I wrote about that as one of my first stories). But it was all very scripted and many of the kids actually strategically wore "get wet" clothes or ended up taking their shirts off and such "because it's gross with clothes on" and none of the teachers really said anything. The actual community centres are focused on not messing up the pool filters. I think there is a "survival swimming" and even some lifeguard courses in some other towns nearby that make you wear clothes, but if I understood correctly, they still make you take off shoes. Zoey noted that if they were so concerned about the pool filters, they could do entire swimming lessons on days like this where they will be emptying everything and replacing them all anyway, because it's much safer for everyone to know how to be in the water with clothes on than to worry about pool filters all the time. She and one of her friends (Sophia) also said it was great that everyone all wore different outfits because it is very unlikely that if you ever need to get your clothes wet that you will be wearing something you choose specifically for getting wet. Well "choose" meaning finding something like polyester or something that would be light and not weigh you down (I guess those soccer and volleyball uniforms would qualify, but they still had shoes). Zoey kept pointing back to her boating incident when she said she was wearing a nice party dress and nice shoes (it was an enclosed boat that got caught in a storm and ended up taking on a lot of water - so no one changed to "clothes that could get wet" before going on the water as that's where the party was), and saying that she wish she'd practiced wearing an outfit like that before in the pool so she didn't struggle so much early on and use up a lot of energy just worrying about soaking her good dress. One of the pool's lifeguards did actually tell the kids some stuff about how to use clothes for floating - like tying knots in pants and blowing them up and such.

To have all this come from someone I didn't really know before, and to have everyone (including many of the parents) actually agree made me feel good about getting wet with clothes on as a hobby.

All in all, the party lasted about 90 minutes. They had already started draining the hot tub when we got there, which bummed out some of them, but it's typically the "germ tub" anyway as it is usually always crammed full, so probably just as well.

At the end, Sam asked me if "we could all go outside for a run, all soaked" but I didn't recommend it as we had agreed that the clothes and shoes were strictly indoor, and didn't want the pool to suddenly start asking us a bunch of questions. Plus, the rest of the community centre is still open and we would have had to walk through it to the other end in order to exit the building, hence leaving huge trails of water in the public area - I didn't think that would be such a great idea, either.

While many of the kids went home afterwards, many also came back to our house to have pizza and such. Zoey was one that joined us for pizza and she again talked about her opinions of this. Sam and Robbie both kinda sat there dumbfounded, as they never thought of it in any other light than "for fun" or as "teenage silliness". They all "agreed" that it would be a better thing for everyone to be taught.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]