Page banner image

Re: Finally did it ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 05, 2023 at 19:26:36

In Reply to: Re: Finally did it ... posted by Zonie on June 05, 2023 at 01:10:13:

I am not sure I follow. I don’t mean intimidation as in aggression. I mean: when you are talking to someone who is so smart that you feel unworthy, or that you feel that you have nothing to offer because what could you possibly know or have figured out that they have not, or that, on any matter that you disagree on, that they must automatically be correct and you must be wrong, simply because they are so much cleverer than you. I think that’s how he feels people see me: so smart, that everyone is intimidated by that.

Yet, I suffer the same: I get intimidated by others’ intelligence too, to the extent that I feel unworthy, incapable and irrelevant. It’s easy to get into a situation where you underestimate your own abilities and overestimate those of the people you look up to. (People who you look up to are still fallible human beings after all: all of us are. We all make mistakes!)

Nothing to do with anger or aggression or being in any position or frame of mind involving a desire or intention to harm others.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]