Page banner image

Re: Just shouting into the void …

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by drippingwet on June 06, 2023 at 14:47:27

In Reply to: Re: Just shouting into the void … posted by MRN on June 05, 2023 at 20:57:20:

I am just saying that I am giving up on getting wet in front of others because of the generally negative reactions I get. I would not say that I am a particularly sad person, but it feels like I lead a double life.

There's the "society me" who holds a middle class job and has a group of friends partly gained during my life, and others through social groups I belong to. Then there's "wet me" who loves getting wet but would feel very embarrassed if seen by a friend or work colleague.

I have had bad experiences with people's reactions of me. A good few years ago when I lived in South Africa I went to a local sailing club where they have a swimming pool and went swimming fully-clothed. Other people there kept their distance and nobody told me to leave so I just enjoyed myself for half an hour. A year later I went back and before I reached the entrance the manager spoke to the security guard. He told me that there was a problem. The manager had told him that most people know me and they are scared of me. Then there was the ridiculous incident in Clevedon a few weeks ago where I spent a while at the marina. People expressed their concern for me and I tried to tell them I was fine. When driving out of town, I was stopped by the police and there were fire engines and ambulances buzzing around! I was checked over by the medics and the police drove my car home while I rode in the ambulance. It was embarrassing for me and a silly waste of emergency resources.

You want to "come out" and be more bold in your public soaking, but I want to put a lid on it now. There is a bigger life to live outside getting wet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]