Page banner image

Re: a peculiar remedy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on January 11, 2020 at 06:43:48

In Reply to: Re: a peculiar remedy posted by Ry on January 11, 2020 at 01:16:22:

What Mr. Lundin and Dr. Bell said was just to put it in the cracks to fill them and the cracks would naturally heal. Dr. Bell also told me that he took a lot of superglue with him on a river rafting trip through the Grand Canyon because the water is highly alkaline and as a result many of the oarsmen had cracked hands and fingers.

After I've done that, Dr. Bell said that I should start using a product called Aquaphor to keep the skin moisturized.

The common cold is caused by a virus, so if that's what you have, the bacteria in the mud wouldn't be relevant. Aspiration pneumonia would be an infection of the lung resulting from inhaling the mud when trying to breathe. A cold should last no more than ten days, so if you're still having a lot of trouble after that, you should see a doctor.

That's actually why I saw Dr. Bell apart from the heel crack. I caught a cold over three weeks ago and am still having a cough. He said I had bronchitis and prescribed amoxicillin, an antibiotic.

My mountain climbing partner persuaded me to seek medical help. Sunday morning I had a terrible coughing fit about one-quarter of the way up Squaw Peak. He was telling other climbers who were passing us, "Don't worry, it's just tuberculosis." I reminded him that some jokes are not safe.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]