Page banner image

So much mud.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on February 11, 2020 at 20:58:38

Our muddy rugby game happened today at school and most importantly .... fanfare, please ...... I scored a try. HURRAY!

Well, it was almost a try. We had been playing for about ten minutes and I had been tackled once, so was nicely wet and muddy, and I was running up the wing as fast as I could in the mud, keeping pace with Terry who had the ball a few yards to my left. He was running towards a group of opponents and at the last moment threw the ball in my direction, I managed to catch it and ran full tilt for the line not far ahead of me, I could see an opponent rushing up towards me out of the corner of my eye, so just as he dived in to tackle me, I spurted forward and dived for the line. I hit the mud face down and slid forward in a shower of mud and water, getting totally soaked again, and slammed the ball down to score the try as I came to a halt.

Then Mr. D. blew his whistle as I got up and declared it had been a forward pass from Terry to me. B*st*rd! Note that he didn't stop me before I dived forward and got soaked again.

Anyway, apart from that we had a great time splashing around and getting wet and so muddy it was unbelievable. Apart from my try - and I'm still morally claiming it, whatever anybody says - our team won by two tries to one, so 10-5 at the end of the game.

Someone tackled me and ended up catching my trouser pocket and tearing the seam down my leg almost to my knee, but we were all so muddy by that stage that I'm not even sure who it was, just a brown figure who was as soaking wet as me. I didn't really notice it until we were being hosed clean at the end of the game. That was cold.

It was fun seeing all our team in shiny, muddy suits, shirts and ties and watching them gradually get more and more muddy as the game progressed. The other team had decided on what they called "sunshine holiday clothes" as their team strip so there was a mix of brightly coloured as well as denim jeans, eye-hurtingly bright floral shirts and a few guys in equally bright floral board-shorts. All of which ended up so muddy brown that you could barely see any colours at all. What a mess we must have looked. Haven't had so much fun in ages.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]