Page banner image

Sign of the Times?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on April 25, 2020 at 18:38:41

On face book last night someone posted a picture of a sign erected by the town where the beach and boat ramp I frequent is located. The sign read: "Beach Closed Due to Covert 19" Yup, you read that right. It was causing a lot comment creating a lot of embarrassment for the town officials. I figured the beach might be closed this summer, but wondered about the boat ramp. So today being an absolutely gorgeous day I decided to take a drive up and see the sign in person and check out the dock.

I had my answer as soon as I came down over the hill and saw the parking area almost completely filled with vehicles and boat trailers. I stopped and got out of the car to look around. Gone was the big sign with the big misspelling that got such a big laugh from everybody. Instead there were smaller signs at the gates to the beach and at the end of the dock. These signs were typed in very small print with a lot of info on them and were hard for these old eyes to read as I did not have my spectacles with me (I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself - sorry, but I couldn't resist). Basically it said that everything was open as long as people maintained a distance of six feet and took appropriate cautions. They said they could and would shut the facilities down if they felt they needed to.

Fair enough. I took this as a good sign. I can definitely sit on my rock, assist boats and "fall" of the dock when it is void of people and maintain social distance easily enough. I'll take advantage of it as long as I can. Is that considered being covert?

Only one boat was at the dock - a very large one. Two people were there with it. A third man had been parking the trailer and once they left I walked out to the end of the dock. Water was so clear and beautiful I wanted to just dive right in. I did not. It was freaking cold!!! I may or may not have been covert, but I was definitely chicken! I thought about trying to wade in up to my waist but reconsidered as my b.lls would have climbed up to join my Adam's Apple. Nope, not yet. If we could just get several warm days in a row instead of the weather bouncing all over the place it might make a difference. It would definitely be chilly, but hopefully not absolutely frigid. Guess I'll just have to wait and watch for a sign telling me the time is right.

Stay wet and stay safe everybody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]