Page banner image

Ben's story of what we did yesterday.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 15, 2020 at 09:19:19

I am the eldest of three children; my name is Alex and I am 15 years old; my brother Ben is 12 and then there is Charlotte, who we call Charlie, who is 9. Our cousin Samantha, or Sam to everyone, also lives with us and she is the eldest at nearly 16. We live with our parents, who are both teachers and who home-school us all, and a mad dog, a giant Great Dane, called Bouncer because that is what he does, literally, all the time.

Mum and dad home-school us along with eight other kids with three of their parents also teaching. During lock-down it has just been us at home and lessons on-line with the other teachers whilst mum and dad do the same for their kids. We usually do proper lessons in the morning and then go outside during the afternoon to study nature or play sports. Yesterday dad took us all out for a walk to the local woods, which we do quite often and know well and when we got home, mum set us to write an essay entitled "What I did today." Ben's effort so accurately described it that I thought I'd just reproduce it here, grammar and spelling mistakes included, as it involved getting very wet and very muddy and we all had the best fun, dad included. I don't think mum was too happy when we got home though! So here it is ...............

The woods we go to are a short walk from home and we usully walk along the track that leads through to a picnic area. The woods are owned by Forestry England (I think they used to be called the Forestry Commission) and the track is quite wide enough for a couple of cars to pass if they go over the edges but that means it is often quite muddy with water in the tracks even when it is dry every where. Dad had told us to wear clothes that could get wet and muddy - as he always does - but that is not a problem for me as all my clothes are Alex's cast-offs so when I get them they are usually shabby right from the word go - it really would be nice to have some new clothes of my own but that has only happened for my best ones so far. So I was wearing my tatty old jeans that are a bit too long for me and an old grey Nike sweatshirt and some old trainers. Alex was in his everyday dress of football shorts and a tee, this time bright blue shorts and a yellow tee. Charlie was in denim shorts and a pink tee.

One thing we all love doing, dad as well, is jumping in puddles and making as big a splash as possible; hopefully getting Alex or dad splashed in particular. Today there were lots of puddles in the muddy tracks and some of them looked very deep. Alex made us all laugh by jumping in the first one we came across and slipping in the surrounding mud before falling down and ending up sitting in all the mud, soaking his legs and shorts. Charlie completed the job by jumping into the muddy water right next to him just as Bouncer decided to join in and knocked him sideways whist trying to jump over him. He really was soaked and very muddy, but he was laughing as he slipped and slid around trying to stand up. Bouncer is a big dog and can easily knock any of us off our feet whilst rushing around. Dad says he is going through his clumsy teenage times; Bouncer is just over two years old so dad says he's 16 in human years.

By the tie we got to the next big puddle I was splashed and soaked up to my knees but had avoided falling over, despite the best efforts of Alex and Bouncer. The big puddle were approaching stretched across the track from side to side and was so deep that none of the mud was showing above the surface. Dad was the first to run into it and splashed his way through to the far end, followed by Bouncer and Charlie. The mud and water were well over his ankles and soaked his trainers and the bottom of his jeans; sadly he made it all the way across without falling over even though he was slipping and sliding with every step. I was really hoping he'd get wet as he always makes sure that we do whenever we help out with washing the cars at home, last weekend he actually poured a whole bucket of water over my head just as we were finishing and I was thinking I'd got away with staying dry for the first time ever!

Dad called for us, Alex and me, to race each other through the puddle and we set off quite well, before Alex slipped and fell flat with a huge splash. I only made it a few yards further before my feet slipped from under me and I also fell in, sideways. I was drenched. Alex and Charlie splashed over to where I lay and started kicking water over me. Why am I always the one to get picked on?

Once they were sure I was thoroughly soaked we splashed our way on to the next puddle with Bouncer running along with us. The next one was really just mud and very little water. Alex slid through it on his bottom, spinning round as he went with his feet in the air. I just dived in on my front and lay still, enjoying seeing the others, dad and Charlie slide past me. Dad had done the same as me, sliding on his front and Charlie the same as Alex.

Next think I knew the three of them were gathered around me and piling mud all over my legs, bottom and back as I lay still. Dad and Alex slid me around in the mud, backwrads and sideways, just to make sure I was properly soaked, and dad encouraged Alex and Charlie to rub the mud well in to all my clothes. The was no point in fighting it. My jeans were so heavy with mud when I was eventually allowed to stand up that I had to hoist them up and tighten my belt to stop them falling around my ankles.

Despite being picked on by all the others I did manage to kick loads of mud and water over Alex and dad during the rest of our walk so that by the time we finished our walk and set off for home, they were soaked and almost as muddy as me. At home, mum was horrified but not surprised by the state we were in, and demanded that we all get hosed down in the garden before we got anywhere near the house. Bouncer joined in the fun doing that, he tries to drink from the hose and doesn't understand why the water stops when you release the trigger on the water spray gun. It is always fun seeing Alex get wet, particularly if I get the chance to hose him down.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]