Page banner image

I ask my dad about getting muddy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 16, 2020 at 21:17:54

Prompted by being asked on here about my dad and whether he used to get wet and muddy when he was my age, I actually asked him when were taking Bouncer for a walk this morning. His reply was very simple.

"Yes of course I did; that's why I don't mind you lot getting as wet and messy as you like. I enjoyed it with your uncles Rob and Eddie. It started when we joined a local football team and if it was wet the players all used to do a mud slide through the puddles at the end of a game. We were never allowed to do that at school, so it was a new experience. I think I was eleven at the time, so Rob was nine and Eddie was almost seven. Dad used to pick us up after the Saturday morning games and we'd often be soaking wet and muddy - the club never cancelled a match because it was too wet, just when the ground was really frozen - and he thought it was funny seeing us soaked though and bedraggled. It wasn't much fun when it was cold as well but he'd have big towels in the car to wrap us in on the drive home and then we'd all jump under a hot shower or into the bath as we were, just to warm up and get clean."

"So did grandpa mind you getting wet in your normal clothes, rather than just football kit." I asked.

"That started when I was big enough to wash the car on my own, not just physically big enough but what he considered responsible enough to do a proper job. He just came out one day to inspect my work and said he thought I'd missed a bit, and then he laughed and pointed the hose at me, saying this big bit looks rather grubby and he got me completely drenched; jeans, tee-shirt, socks, squelchy shoes and pants - the whole lot. It was a regular occurrence after that, every car washing session ended in me getting drenched and him having a good laugh whilst staying largely dry."

"Did you never get him as wet as you?" I asked.

"Eventually, when Rob and Eddie were old enough to join in it turned into three against one and he got as wet as us most times. It was a good laugh. Then as I got a bit older, your age I guess, it all expanded into splashing in muddy puddles and getting really muddy in our normal clothes. Which was fun, as you've found out no doubt, for a whole other set of reasons."

"Oh right: so I'm not alone in finding it exciting? I just thought it was me being weird." I said as what dad had said sunk in.

"No, you're no more weird than any other boy who discovers they like getting wet and muddy."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]