Page banner image

Muddy Mainer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on July 09, 2020 at 11:31:48

This weekend will be the running of the only mud run event that I know of that has not been cancelled this year - the Muddy Mainer.

Last night I received notification of how they will be handling/running things in order to comply with social distancing and state mandates. Runners will be able to pick up registration packages from 4 to 8 pm on Friday night instead of just on Saturday morning to eliminate such a large mob of people all at once on Saturday. Spaces will be marked off in which to stand while waiting to pick up the registration packet. The packet will include a buff, which can be used as a face mask in the event an obstacle becomes clogged or backed up with people.

Racers should arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled race time. Those that do arrive earlier will have to remain in their cars until their race time. As soon as you sign in you immediately go out on the course. No "heats" this year where 50 to 100 people leave in a bunch every 20 minutes. After finishing the course you change and leave. There will be no food or drink trucks, and no beer tent and no after party with people lingering around after their run. No spectators allowed. Only volunteers and racers. They will be having a kids run at 3 pm. Only 1 adult can accompany each child. If an adult is running early and they have a child in the kids race they have to leave and then come back later just before that race starts.

The owner of the property/race organizer realizes that some things may be inconvenient but are necessary to remain in compliance and allow the race to happen at all. Sanitary stations will be set up throughout the course at every obstacle. The owner has assembled each and every race packet himself rather than using a crew to try and avoid any possible contamination.

Not totally ideal, but at least the race will go on. He has incredible obstacles. New this year is chutes and ladders. You run up a series of "ladders" - logs that are laid out you have to climb up and over and then you enter a huge drain pipe/culvert that runs underground downhill for a very long way before it slides you out into a mud pit at the bottom. Not sure I could deal with that with my claustrophobia, especially if I should happen to get stuck inside, but it does look like fun.

I won't be attending this year, but will be very anxious to hear how it all worked out. It has taken a lot of effort and work on the organizer's part, much more so than usual, and I give him credit and immense praise for managing to be the only event not cancelled this summer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]