Page banner image

Dark and Milk Chocolate Mud

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wetnboy on January 26, 2021 at 02:51:51

Today I used another day off on this my Anniversary with the company. It was a humid tropical feeling 70F (21C) and it had rained 1-3/4” since yesterday. TOO good to pass up, but I’ve also been under the weather for a full week. Feeling better today after a lot of sleep I decided I was up to going out. Mud or Water? Kayne, Charlie and Nathan had influenced that decision, so MUD it was today, especially with what I was wearing.

I had put on white cotton briefs, a set of white thermal long UW pants and white thermal long sleeve shirt with a heavy black cotton LS T shirt all under a pair of trim fitting Bib-Overalls (well as trim as you can get in Overalls). For footwear I put on two pair of white cotton socks and my old high school clodhopper boots. Destination: a nearby park with trails. I drove to the park and chose a corner parking spot at the far edge of one of the ball field complexes and got out. First I walked thru water that was flowing ‘over’ the blacktop trail thru a wooded area behind another set of ball fields and around the back side of a lake onto the boardwalk to the river. The boots had been treated several years ago with waterproof spray and were holding nicely even though getting wet on the sides a couple inches deep in places. On the boardwalk I headed toward the river stopping at a trail I’ve never taken.

To get on this trail you must hop the rails on the side of the boardwalk and head thru the woods. I did and 1st thing was a short downhill slope which I was slipping and sliding down as the trail was muddy from all the rain. Going up the other side of the small ravine I walked out to the river and found what I had been told was there – a huge sandy area – I mean a regular ‘beach’ that was quite wide and close to 100 yards long. I had heard a lot of younger people went there to hang out and maybe even get wet. The evidence was there in the form of used up bottle rocket remains and charred wood from a beach fire. This was at the bottom curve of a huge ‘horseshoe’ bend in the river. You could see across the river, but not beyond either of the bends at the top of the horseshoe so it’s nicely secluded and today no one else out there but me. After exploring and seeing how the sand gently slopes into the river I put my hand in – burr, very cold river water. Since I had quite a hike yet ahead I decided not to get cold and wet and to continue with my plans. I headed back up to the trail from the sandy area, but not before first sliding part way back down on my butt. There were now tan muddy marks ingrained on the back of the overalls. Back to the boardwalk and past someone sitting on a bench near the river to the couple of stairs off the boardwalk onto ‘the trails’.

I took an immediate right turn on this trail which then curved left at the river and followed it from up above the high steep banks common to this and most of the rest of the river. A lot of water completely flooded across the trail and in huge puddles nearby as I was looking for one with a bit of sticky mud. I located an area totally flooded for a long distance of trail and went stomping thru noticing some thicker mud at the near end which gave way to mostly firm trail covered water. Turning around I got back to the muddy area and got on my knees in the water soaking the legs of the overalls and long johns from the knees to the ankles. Then I dove forward so the bib of the overalls landed squarely in the dark chocolate colored gooey mud as I slid back and forth a bit now becoming fully satisfied with my entire front wet and muddy.

I got up and headed back slipping with every step or two on the muddy portions of the trail to where it passes the steps onto the boardwalk where two young ladies had just come off the boardwalk with their dog which seemed to be looking for a tree to use. I was walking right toward them totally covered in mud and as I went past with them looking at me I said “It’s sure slippery out there” to which one replied “Yes, I’m sure it is” as I kept walking past the steps to the boardwalk now heading the other direction which will loop me back to where I parked passing thru the woods and where I knew the trail would have several more flooded areas. It was flooded in several places but was compacted to such a rock hard beaten down trail it was not too muddy. I came upon a town worker out with a 4 wheel ATV that he had parked and was using a squeegee to push leaves out of one very deeply and completely flooded area of the trail. He glanced at me as I got close but didn’t say anything and kept about his work.

Almost back to where the dirt trail ends and blacktop starts up I took a shortcut turning left on another dirt trail between the trees that was very muddy. It was here my boots were suctioning and making a sucking sound as they came up out of the softer mud covered in standing water. I got to the open field area which has a couple of small ponds and turned left to walk along the tree line toward the back of the fenced ball fields I had parked on the other side of. Walking thru here there were several puddles – the kind Ry would be ‘diving into’. Many were grassy underneath, but some had nice liquid milk chocolate colored mud. I had been asking myself “Am I done? What else should I do?” Looking down I realized that from above the knees to my feet I was only wet and not very muddy. Noticing the contrast in the mud color I was walking thru I decided to go down on my knees to coat the bottom of the overalls in the milk chocolate colored mud.

As I got up and walked back there was no wind break and since it was a very windy day the mud was beginning to dry on me with the help of the wind. I finished walking behind the ball fields slipping and sloshing in the soggy muddy puddles along the way to my car. The bottom of the boots weren’t too bad, but I still spread my ‘car’ towel out on the floor of the car and my plastic bag on the seat. The most difficult thing was trying to hold the seat-belt off my lap and away from the bib of the overalls, especially since I noticed a town police officer now driving onto the park road for a routine patrol and I knew I better not get noticed not wearing the seatbelt or risk a fine. I drove the short distance home with one hand on the steering wheel and one holding ‘both’ belts away from me.

I took a few photos in front of the house as no neighbors seemed to be outside so I could save the ‘look’ and then after changing into another pair of jeans and removing the cold weather cover off the front faucet I hand washed the thick caked mud off the overalls before taking everything inside for a nice warm clothed shower. I enjoyed the afternoon.

Thanks for the inspiration to all. Like Nathan I needed to get back out in the mud!

Stay Safe and Muddy!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]