Page banner image

Mud By Request

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nathan on January 26, 2021 at 14:11:54

This isn't as long as I would've liked it to be because of how unbelievably cold it is here, but I had a LOT of fun and wanted to write it up!

I planned to go for a walk yesterday anyways, but after a chat with a friend (who is probably going to read this!) I let him control what I did on my walk, because I'll totally come out of it nice and clean with no mess at all...right? Well...

I got started on my walk, heading towards the fields near my house at a steady pace. It's nice even being outside with lockdown and all. I was wearing a comfy green hoodie, some fleecy black trackies, my fave white Adidas socks and some Vans (although, seeing what was coming, I bought my muddy Nikes with me too)

As I came up to the fields, it was time for the first choice. Which way should I go? I could've gone down the hill, which was SOAKED with mud and dirt, or I could take the path around and see where I end up! I got told to take the path, which I was more than happy with. I continued to walk, looking over at the mucky, saturated fields and secretly wishing I could just go and wallow to my hearts content (but I don't fancy hypothermia) - as I walked I came across the small set of steps that lead up top the exit of the fields, but because I took the path they functioned as an entrance. I walked down the steps and gave my friend another choice. I went the less-snowy way and began to feel squelching under my soles as I began to walk on what was once frozen grass. As I come back across, the first field had almost no snow as it's in the direct path of the sun, whereas the other was full of trees and bushes.

I jump the ditch and now I'm on field 1 on my way back. Because this one was melted, the grass was sodden with mud and I strolled slowly, watching the mud splash up the side of my Vans. I took a photo of the terrain and sent it over to my friend, asking him what I should do. I didn't have to wait very long at all for a response.

"I think you should slip those shoes off"

Doing as I was told, I toed off my Vans and stood on them for a second, my socks as white as the snow that remained on the path earlier on. I take a step forward and see my favourite white socks begin to sink in the freezing cold mud. I continue to walk because I was asked to, coating my socks in watery brown mud. After a few paces up and down this section of the field, I pulled my Nikes out of my bag and put them on - my muddy socks absolutely freezing and sending a chill through my body. I ask my friend again what I should do - stood with my soaked cold muddy socks inside my dry shoes. A confusing sensation.

"Have some fun, get in some more mud"

"Yes sir!" I responded and began to slide around the mud, slipping in my loosely tied shoes and causing mud to kick up the sides of my trackies. If it was warmer, this felt PERFECT for a full mudding, but again, far too nesh for that! I continue walking, making my steps more violent as I go to splash the mud everywhere. I head down near a small ditch and find what I consider the absolute grail of mud! A huge patch of very thick, creamy wet mud. I ask my friend if I should use it, he says yes and that "it would be a real shame if you walked through and lost your shoes!"

I begin to walk, my shoes loose against my feet, splashing the mud up against the sides of my legs once again. As I step towards the middle, the mud gets deeper and begins to stain the sides of my once white socks. I go to take another step and find my foot completely stuck in the mud! I pull my leg and my foot comes out of my shoe, sinking into the muck as I continue to walk. I make it out the other side shoeless and wet.

Heading back round to collect my shoes, I call it a day. I'm cold and wet and beginning to lose some feeling in my toes! replacing my socks and shoes and sticking the muddy sets in my backpack (where they remain as of this writing...) I begin to head home.

My friend received very muddy photo and video updates the whole time! I thanked him for letting me get muddy and I was on my way - hearing the muddy shoes clunk around in my bag. I can't wait until it's warmer again so I can do this for so much longer!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]