Page banner image

We get Chris wet.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on February 07, 2021 at 16:53:34

I know this should strictly be on the Beach Club forum but as it is a follow up to Kayne's mud sliding post below, I thought it best to go here.

Kevin enlisted Kayne and me to help him get revenge on Chris after his own mud-sliding encounter on returning from work. Chris often takes his twins out for a walk along the track leading to the woods and they amuse themselves by splashing into any puddles they find. Vince was the first to start walking on his own, unsteadily and only about a six steps before he fell over, when he was just 9 months old. In the two months since then he has made great progress and toddles along quite expertly and doesn’t get upset if he falls flat, he just laughs and gets up again. Jamie was a couple of weeks later but was spurred on by copying his brother and is now quite confident if not as steady on his feet. They will be one year old in a month’s time.

Kevin came up with the idea of making one puddle really deep and we managed to dig it out to be about waist deep last evening. Chris habitually takes the twins for a walk before Sunday lunch so when we saw them head-off we volunteered to go along and join in the puddle jumping. The twins think it very funny to see their dad splashing through the puddles with them and they don’t mind how wet they get. Obviously taking after their dad!

Chris usually walks ahead as the boys follow and he jumps in a puddle and then watches them toddle along and copy him. We tagged along with the twins and gave them a steadying hand as they jumped in each puddle we got to. We didn’t want to risk the twins jumping in our extra deep puddle before Chris had a go. It went really well, Chris reached the deep puddle and stopped to watch the twins approach before jumping backwards to make a big splash. The look on his face was priceless as instead of just getting his shoes and the bottom of his jeans splashed, he sank in and ended up standing in water that was just over his waist. It took a second or two for him to react to what had happened.

“YOU UTTER B***ARDS!” Chris shouted before starting to laugh.

“Language, Daddy!” Kayne rebuked him as he and I covered the twins’ ears.

The twins thought it hilarious and were laughing and giggling uncontrollably as they watched Chris clamber out of the hole.

“Dadda, wet.” Vince said as he laughed.

They both started talking about a fortnight ago with “Mamma” and “Dadda” and then “Wet” when they were in the bath one day. I’ve heard a few noises that sound like words but aren’t and Chris and Mari talk to them all the time as encouragement to them to try new words. I know teenage boys are not supposed to like babies, but these two are so cute and just at the stage where they are learning a lot in a very short time – I wonder what it would take to teach them a few choice “naughty” words? That would be a surprise for Chris…...

Chris squatted down in front of the twins “Think Dadda being wet is funny do you?” he grinned “This is what wet feels like.” and he took their hands and placed them on his wet jeans on his knees “Do like that?”

“Dadda wet.” Vince repeated and chuckled.

“Yes, dadda is wet – but he won’t be the only one in a minute, will he?” Chris said.

Chris stood up as he said that and before Kevin could react he was being carried in a bear hug and dropped into the puddle.

“Do I have to do this to you two as well or will you just accept the inevitable and jump in?” Chris said to us.

“OK if you insist.” I said as we watched Kevin climb out.

So we all ended up soaked to the waist or above, Kevin even jumped in for a second time and dunked himself to his chin, which the twins thought hilarious as only his head was visible.

Chris took the twins further on for their walk and we set about filling in the hole again. Kevin got his revenge on Chris alright, but he still got a soaking for his trouble. That just leaves Tom now.

Everyone had another surprise at Sunday lunch today, when the whole household gets together, when Chris and Mari announced that they were expecting again with a new baby due in early September. Chris made everyone laugh when he jokingly observed that he and Mari had had a very romantic Boxing Day and thanked his parents for having had the twins for the afternoon!

Forgot to say what we were all wearing:-

Chris: slim-fit blue jeans, blue tee under a red and white plaid shirt, blue socks, grey Nike trainers.
Kevin: tatty loose-fit blue jeans, grey woollen shirt, blue socks and chunky work boots.
Kayne: favourite 501s, blue sweatshirt, grey socks and trainers.
Me: grey skinny fit jeans, black sweatshirt, socks and canvas shoes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]