Page banner image

Re: World War 1 sports?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on February 15, 2021 at 00:00:34

In Reply to: Re: World War 1 sports? posted by LeviLovR on February 14, 2021 at 22:28:31:

Several years ago I went to the Salt River as a volunteer to clean up litter for the Forest Service (the area may look like a desert, but the USDA assures us it's a National Forest). I enjoyed concentrating my efforts on removing litter that was in the mud at the bank of the river, and fellow volunteers just thought I was dedicated, not that I was enjoying myself.

After a couple hours the rangers called it a day, but I decided to hike around a bit, and one thing that definitely depressed me about going there (and another reason I don't go there any more) is seeing all the starving feral horses. There was a controversy at the time of people evading federal laws against slaughtering horses for meat by shipping them to Mexico or Canada first. I thought it was such a foolish thing. Is it not better to kill a horse quickly and sell the meat than to let them overpopulate, overgraze public lands, and starve? I guess I can't quite grasp popular sentiment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]