Page banner image

No Regrets - Muddy Version

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 15, 2021 at 22:37:43

I had been wet in my clothes many, many times but was still a mud virgin when this happened.

I had been out driving around the countryside looking for places to get wet when I saw a sign for a 4 x 4 vehicle mud run. I had never been to one and thought I would check it out, so I pulled in, paid the spectator fee and walked over to the pit to see the action. I had no idea what to expect but soon got caught up in the excitement. Of course I got splattered with mud, which was very exciting to me, but nothing extreme. I stayed until the last vehicle had gone through and then the guy standing next to me tackled the guy next to him and they both went sprawling into the mud pit where they started wrestling around. That was too much for me! In an instant I was in there with them and wrestling with them. Then EVERYBODY jumped in and there was one hellacious mud fight. I don't remember ever having so much fun. Everyone was just grabbing everyone else, pushing them down and rolling around in the mud. Everybody was covered with mud from head to toe - including me. I was addicted to mud right then and there. Not only was it fun but it felt great too.

There was just one problem. I hadn't come prepared to go into the mud. Even though we were all hosed down I still had to get into my car in wet, muddy clothes with nothing to protect the seats or flooring and the mud seemed to go virtually everywhere. I had on jeans, a jean jacket, denim shirt and leather work boots.

By the time the mud run had ended and we were all climbing out of the mud it was starting to get dark and it was completely dark by the time I got home. I was still living with my parents but they were away at camp so I didn't have them to contend with. The big problem was that I was leaving for Hawaii for two weeks to visit my friends who were stationed there the next morning. Cleanup was not as easy as I had hoped. I had to shower, wash my clothes, clean up the car - which was the worst, especially in the dark - and finish packing. Plus the plane was leaving early in the morning. I worked on cleanup until the wee hours of the morning. Fortunately it was going to be a long flight across the country and then another long flight across the Pacific to Hawaii and I could sleep on the plane.

But it was totally worth it. Have been in the mud several times since and know what to expect and go prepared now. That first time was absolutely awesome and I would do it again in a heartbeat despite the difficult cleanup. It was a great start to start my vacation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]