Page banner image

Re: No Regrets - Muddy Version

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on February 20, 2021 at 03:06:18

In Reply to: No Regrets - Muddy Version posted by LeviLovR on February 15, 2021 at 22:37:43:

I haven't done too many muddy things, couple of times I played mud volleyball when I was in college, and did a 5k mud run a couple years ago. I'll talk about the mud run.

Wasn't sure what type of mud to expect going into this 5k event, but I was hoping for creamy mud that will stick to you and not just dirty water. To do the 5k, you had to make two laps, so me and my friend decided just to take the first lap kinda normal and see what it was about, then do a dive into whatever the biggest/deepest mud pit was on the 2nd lap. I was wearing black knee length basketball shorts with a gray stripe, and a green tank top. Since I haven't done too many muddy events, I wanted to get mud down the inside of my shirt, especially if there was a good mud pit. My friend was wearing green hiking shorts and a black sleeveless shirt

Turns out the very first mud pit obstacle was the deepest and had the perfect mud I was looking for. It was just over knee deep and probably 30-40 feet across. So on the second lap when we knew what the whole course was like, we came up to the mud pit for our second go around. My friend was in front of me, walked into the mud pit for a few feet, then shrugged his shoulders and dove on his chest, then just swam in the mud the rest of the way across. I followed suit, making sure the mud also went on the inside of my shirt and shorts. It felt amazing. We didn't dunk our heads though, didn't want to risk getting it in our mouth/nose/ears/eyes. While I did want to see what it would feel like with this mud in my hair, I passed on that opportunity. Still though, no regrets. This was definitely the muddiest/dirtiest I ever got in my life.

Same friend, who was kinda unsure about it when we first signed up, left the 5k saying he would do that every day if he could. We signed up for another 5k mud run for this June. It's by a different organizer, and it's looking to be a lot more physically intense. Hopefully they another perfect mud pit like that one. If so, I'll be sure to get my hair muddy this time too. My friend and I are already joking about dunking each others heads in the mud.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]