Page banner image

Re: finding where it rained the most

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on August 01, 2021 at 22:54:24

In Reply to: Re: finding where it rained the most posted by wetnboy on August 01, 2021 at 15:52:13:

I had a three-stage hydration plan. The first was part of my wake-up cocktail, two 20-ounce sugarless Pepsis. Given that I work the evening shift, I'm not ordinarily inclined to get up early, but for hiking in the desert in summer, prudence dictates that I must. The downside is that it's a stimulant which adds metabolic heat production and a diuretic that removes some of the water it adds.

The next stage was two one-quart Gatorades. I like to go through those second as hyponatremia has occasionally been a problem for me, and I know I also lose electrolytes when I perspire.

The third stage was my backup canteen of one gallon of plain tap water. When I started going into that I knew it was time to head back. I would estimate I went through over a gallon of fluids during that hike. Naturally I made sure to eat something salty for dinner.

Today I had similar exertion but not the fun in the mud. My mountain climbing partner is back in action, and we went about one-quarter of the way up Squaw Peak this morning, and then I had some work to do sawing mesquite limbs at home.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]