Page banner image

Re: Pig Wrestling Anyone?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on July 21, 2022 at 02:16:31

In Reply to: Pig Wrestling Anyone? posted by Capri's Carl on July 21, 2022 at 01:34:43:

Maybe you should ask what the pig thinks of it. My guess is "not much"

Frankly I think it's ok for the most part, especially if it's really muddy and the human gets completely covered. I agree with everything you said.

Of course there are some animal rights organizations that are totally against it but I doubt that very many pigs actually get hurt in the process. Of course pigs squeal like they are being murdered but pigs squeal if you look at them cross-eyed. It's just what pigs do.

Pig scrambles are a big hit at the agricultural fairs in this part of the country. They used to grease the pigs to make them slippery and harder to catch but they don't do that very much any more. Usually it's for the younger kids. Each kid is given a sack and a piece of rope or twine and they stand in a line. Then a bunch of piglets are turned loose in the arena and the kids are given the command "GO!". There are kids and pigs running in all directions. The pigs are squealing, the audience laughing and applauding and shouting encouragement. The objective is for each child to catch a pig, usually by the hind legs, put it inside the sack, tie up the sack and carry it back to back to the starting line. The child has the option of keeping the pig to raise and maybe even show at the fair next year, or they can sell it right there to anyone who wants to buy it. There is no mud.
Likewise there are calf scrambles for older teenagers who must catch a calf and raise and gentle it as a 4-h project and they must return to the fair the following year where the calf is shown and then sold.

To be honest I would rather watch two people wrestle in the mud than human vs. hog but I'm all for getting down and dirty any way you can.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]