Page banner image

ATV mud fun

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mudman on July 25, 2022 at 15:12:58

So I was really bummed about missing last week's mud volleyball tournament in Dayton. So this weekend when a local mud bog had a "special event" weekend I was intent on finding some good mud. I was expecting a big crowd, but the parking lot was not overly full when I arrived. Probably due to the excessive heat we've been having. I paid the admission fee and immediately went to the largest pit I remembered from my last time there. Sure enough, someone was stuck in deep thick mud. One of his buddies was in the mud pushing so I took the opportunity to jump in and help push too. The mud was about waist deep and a great consistency. Despite our efforts the 4-wheeler was not moving so they eventually winched him out. The 3 of us were pretty muddy and headed to the pond to rinse off. After a quick clean up I went to check out another good spot I remembered from the spring. It was a lot smaller now due to the excessive heat and drought conditions we've experienced. To be honest it didn't look very deep but I tried it out anyway and was a great creamy consistency under the top inch of water. It didn't take long to stir that pit up and had a good wallow there. It is not too far from the pond so I head back, releived that there is no one there then and I rinse off once again. By now the bounty hole races are about to begin so I ride back up to where they have the area roped off for the competition. There are about 10 people who have signed up to run. One spot seemed particulary difficult to get through so only 2 guys made it through the whole pit without needing a winch. They all got pretty muddy going through. Then a surprise announcement came that the drivers were going to participate in a foot race through the pit. I started to join in, but was hoping they would have a spectator run after this. The guys ran through getting even muddier that they were before, but no announcement came about a spectator run. Then I noticed a guy about 18 years old who was kind of milling around the entrance to the pit. I could just tell he was thinking of jumping in. So I ran over and asked, and he said he wanted to enter the foot race but he had not entered the bounty hole race. I told him I wanted to do it too and we decided we would have our own little race. He, like me, carries a little more weight that we should and neither one of us are anywhere near athletic, but we approached the pit entrance. It was super slippery and we both immediately slid down into the mud. We tried running for a bit, but it is knee to thigh deep and we both ended up swimming through the course. At the end, where everyone was getting stuck I stood up and it was chest deep. No wonder everyone was getting stuck! We finally made it out, high-fived each other for the excellent effort and he rode off to the pond. It was then that I decided to check out the "big" pit from earlier. So I rode down there and luckily there waere no riders around. I jumped right in and the mud was probably a little deeper and a little thicker than earlier in the day. I wallowed like a pig going under and loving every minute of it. It was getting late in the day and I needed to head home so I decided I better head to the pond for a final clean up. When I pull up the the pond, with literally every inch of my body covered in mud, there are about 8 ATVs and thier drivers standing arouond talking. I have GOT to get cleaned up before getting in the truck so I walk up and get a few questionale looks. Luckily there are three guys in the pond and I say to them, "I think I need a little clean up". One of the guys in the water asked "what happened to you?" and while I was debating what to say another guy says "He entered the foot race. Actually he entered the unofficial foot race after the official foot race". That seemed to satisfy everyone's curiosity. We talked a little about the heat and the mud and how good the pond felt before I headed back. Of coursr the seat and sterring wheel of my RZR is coated in mud so I get somewhat muddy getting back to the truck. I was able to change into somewhat cleaner clothes in the parking lot before heading home. A fun day. My only regret is that I didn;t ask the guy I did the foot race with to join me in the big pit. I think he might have done it! And I always think seeing 2 guys in the mud is not as circumspect a just one.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]