Page banner image

Re: hauling the muffler out of the mud

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 06, 2023 at 13:16:37

In Reply to: hauling the muffler out of the mud posted by Zonie on February 05, 2023 at 21:50:41:

You were lucky it only took two days to get your tire replaced. Christmas day I went to my neighbors' for dinner. Even though they only live two doors down the street I drove my car because I had cooked part of the meal and couldn't carry it all by hand. They have a terrible driveway in my opinion but there were several vehicles parked in it and after dinner it was dark and I went to back out of the driveway and in trying to manuever around the vehicles I backed into a small tree. OOPS! The damage isn't great, but I can't get it fixed until April 3rd! They are booked that far in advance. Thank goodness the car is driveable.

I don't get asked if I would like senior citizens discount all that often even though I am certainly eligible. A few times when getting coffee I have gone through the drive thru window and when I went to pay the clerk has changed the fee to reflect the discount. However the best thing was on a new year's eve when I went to purchase some wine and the clerk asked for my ID. That made me laugh and I pointed to my white hair and said "You mean this isn't proof enough that I'm over 21?" His reply was that they had the right to ask anybody for an ID at any time. He wasn't a very pleasant clerk, and I suspect he was grumpy because he had to work when he would have liked to be out partying but I hadn't had my ID checked in years. I thought it was hysterical since I was about three times his age.

Have a good one!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]