Page banner image

testing the diving bag

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on April 03, 2023 at 03:16:23

As much as I enjoyed all the winter rain, I didn't usually do a complete wallow, and the mud generally didn't get up past the chest pockets of the overalls, so protection of my wallet wasn't a big issue. Today it was 82°, and I wanted to do a very thorough wallow on such warm day.

I thought there must be a better way to protect the wallet than the old method of removing the chain and encasing it in two Gladlock bags. I sent away for a diving bag from a military surplus website. It was supposed to be for Navy divers to transport a gas mask without it getting wet. It was advertised that the zipper seal was guaranteed to be water tight. I figured I'd give it a try for today's mud wallow.

Well it didn't work. I've laundered my money and am drying out my bank notes. I guess I'll go back to the old method. At least the money stayed clean and didn't get muddy.

I definitely had a good time and stayed nice and cool on the state trust land. I was gratified not to see that disabled truck there anymore. I guess that fellow managed to get it out of there somehow.

I was a bit surprised to see a fellow riding a road motorcycle on the power line trail instead of a dirt bike. He seemed surprised to see me as well. He stopped his motorcycle and asked, "What happened here?"

I got up and said, "I'll get out if you want to ride through."

He asked, "You're just crawling around in the mud?"

I said, "Yes."

He asked, "Why?"

I said, "Because it's hot."

He said, "All right."

I asked, "Did you want to ride through it?"

He said, "No, I'm good." He then rode away.

On another occasion a fellow in a pickup truck loaded with old junk approached me when I was in a different mud hole. He asked, "Are you taking a mud bath?"

I said, "Yes, but I'll get out if you wanted to drive through."

He said, "No, you're good" and drove away. I cleaned off in the water hole at coyote central and went home.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]