Page banner image

Getting over the fear of being spotted

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Muddywet on April 11, 2023 at 23:11:01

I had a great experience over Easter. I decided to go to a quiet trail for a walk in the rain and to get myself a little muddy too as its not really a maintained trail just a track along a river up to a waterfall that people use. The tourist season is in full swing and by the time I was coming back to the carpark a lot of people had started exploring and dodging around the mud trying to stay clean. I was wearing converse and cargo pants that had mud to the knees. Usually I try to move aside and try not to get noticed but I was forced to pass people as they made their way up and just went through the mud in the middle as they kept to the edge. One person was going slowly ahead of me and I stepped into a puddle pretty hard as I passed her and apologised saying I hope I didn't splash you. She said no and smiled. Then I met a young family taking pictures and they asked me to take a group shot of them and as I did they noticed my converse and trousers and started smiling. I handed the phone back to the mother and asked if she was happy with the pic and she was and looking at my shoes and trousers asked if I was too. I said yes and laughed at the state of myself. We chatted a little and then I splashed away happily. I actually started to get a kick out of being noticed which has never been the case for me and further on I stopped to sort of shuffle and churn up the mud a little re coating my converse and chatted to another lady who was trying to not sink too much. I fully admitted I was doing the exact opposite at this stage and managed to pass her a little ways and then jumped with both feet into a puddle from a rock soaking myself past the knees. Before stopping 10 feet further on to admire the damage. A lot of people saw that including the lady that was trying not to sink and as she passed she smiled and looked at the mess "I see how you managed to get so mucky are you not cold?" I told her I wasn't and that I like getting muddy sometimes. She laughed and told me to have fun as I stepped back into the mud with her watching and she headed off. I hung around for a while walking in and out of the mud politely moving deeper to let other peopl pass for another while but barring a few odd looks at the mess I was making of myself nobody else said anything. I've never been brave like that before and I think that being forced into the interactions on that narrow pathway has really changed how I view the whole wet and muddy in public thing. Most people just don't seem to care and some just find it hilarious to see someone deliberately trying to get muddy. I have no idea why I was so worried all these years. I think that family was the best thing to happen to me as it allowed me to express it out loud to another person for the first time and to just own it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]