Page banner image

ATV mud bog

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BB on June 04, 2023 at 09:20:07

I went to an ATV mud bog at a local fair in Ontario. I had other errands to run, so by the time I got there, they were packing up the last of the ATVs and driving away, but there was a mudpit. There was someone putting up speakers, so I asked him if I could roll around in the mud. He smiled and said "Help yourself!"

So I did! I spent a good half an hour playing in every way I could. Sliding in jumping in, rolling around, just having a good time. I did get out of breath quickly. It was watery on the top, about knee-deep, but the bottom was churned up clay, so it did provide nice coverage. I put a thick layer of clay in my hair and beard.

As the day went on, the wind picked up and things got chilly, so I decided to head out. There was no hose or water, but I was prepared for that. As I did the long walk through the fair out to the parking lot, I got a lot of comments, laughs, and pictures taken.

To clean up, I bring a 5-gallon bucket of water with a towel in it. I use the towel to scrub the mud off, and it makes the water go a lot further. The clothes go into a second bucket. I can get clean enough to be able to drive this way, and keep a boiler suit to put on to help keep the mud in. By this time, the clay in the hair had baked into a helmet, so that stayed on for the 90-minute drive home (and stop at a drive-thru).

I have found ATV mud events to be the best for getting muddy, as compared to truck or motocross events. Trucks are large and dangerous to play around, but if you can visit those pits afterwards, it's great. Motocross bikes throw up a lot of mud, but go quite fast and out of control. ATVs tend to be slower, and its very common for people to hop in the mud to help upright or push a vehicle, so that tends to be more predictable for mud play.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]