Page banner image

Mt hoodie passed it's swimming test

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Rainwear and Sports Pool Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Lotheson on June 08, 2023 at 12:46:21

Can't believe it was March 2020 when I posted about buying some Nike training wear. See post 24 or 25 below. They are still available for sale if you search for Academy 18 on the big south American river web site
Last week I finally got to wear my hoodie in a hotel pool and it is now my favourite swim top. Firstly the contrasting colour stripes on the shoulders and the inside of the pocket are made of a mesh material which release any trapped air or vacuum getting in and out the water. The material itself drains fairly quickly but still feels wet even though it looks dry and won't leave a puddle in a hotel lobby. You could wear a T shirt under it but I did not and a polo shirt would be uncomfortable due to the hoodies collar design which along with the hood provide good sun protection.
Another hotel guest who was wearing a proper swimwear brand sun protection hoodie was suffering from trapped air and couldn't believe how much cheaper and more practical my top was. He also agreed that tracksuit bottoms gave better sun protection than the long and baggy boardshorts he was wearing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Rainwear and Sports Pool Forum ] [ FAQ ]