Page banner image

Re: A muddy day out.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alfie on January 24, 2020 at 11:14:58

In Reply to: Re: A muddy day out. posted by Ry on January 23, 2020 at 21:35:39:

Hi Ry, my word that is a lot of questions to answer and extra info to remember. Here goes. Alfie is of course short for Alfred - I was named after my grandfather - and is, I think, a rather old-fashioned name; I know nobody else with it and nobody I knows knows another Alfie/Alfred. I like it sometimes and it has the advantage of largely leaving people I have yet to meet without any preconceptions as to what I might be like; not like my friends Gabriel (gay, surely?) or Sebastian (posh, surely?).

We (Darren, Nick and me) are all 24 years old (they are a few months younger) and can be described as follows.

This description applies to both Darren and Nick: stocky build, quite well muscled - they both go to the gym regularly - blonde shaggy hair (Nick's is longer), pale skin, green/blue eyes, no body hair. And 6ft 1in tall and 160lbs. Darren favours straight or loose fit jeans generally with check shirts or sweatshirts and tees for casual wear and chinos and a sports jacket for work. Nick's casual wear was much the same.

Me: slim build, not very muscular, medium brown wavy hair cut short, brown eyes, slightly Mediterranean skin tone - my mum is Italian - quite a bit of body hair. 5ft 10in tall and 140lbs. I favour slim fit jeans (any other fit swamps me or makes me look like a stick insect) with polo shirts or tees and sweatshirts for casual wear and smart black jeans with long-sleeve, button-down collar shirts for work (no-one wears suits and ties).

Darren's friend Pete is black, a real gym fanatic with big shoulders, slim waist and lots of muscles. A big guy in every respect. He was probably 6ft 3in at least. Dark curly short hair, none on his body, and big brown eyes. I think Darren said he was also 24.

On our day out Darren was wearing dark blue loose-fit Levi 501 jeans with faded knees, seat and thighs, obviously well-worn and comfortable. A red and black small check long sleeve flannel shirt, dark blue boxer-briefs (as I saw later) and thick dark blue socks, the sort you wear in wellies or walking boots. When we went out he pulled on a dark blue Regatta anorak.

Nick was in faded grey straight-fit jeans (Wrangler I think), a black and grey check flannel shirt, light grey patterned boxer-briefs, thick grey socks. He wore a black denim bomber jacket when we went out.

Everyone at the venue seemed to be wearing jeans with anoraks or similar and casual tops. A lot wore wellies like us, but most of the youngsters I saw were in trainers or chunky shoes. There were very few females present, mostly mums, but a few older teens had girlfriend hanging onto them as they slipped about in the mud trying to stay upright.

The boys who were first in the muddy pond were all pre-teens or young teens 10 to 14 maybe) but once they were seen splashing about some of the older boys joined in as well. I guess there were fifteen or twenty of them in all including Darren and Nick and a couple of dads.

Nick's grey jeans and black jacket looked amazing as he walked out totally covered in the light coffee coloured mud. His jeans and shirt really stuck to him and it was all too obvious, not just from his wide grin, that he was having fun and was excited to be so muddy. Darren's looser fit jeans were not so revealing but he still looked great. By the way, I thought some teenagers really need to think twice before wearing those very skinny fit jeans and getting soaked as they left absolutely nothing to the imagination and I'm sure they didn't realise what they looked like.

I don't know Nick's sexual orientation, but after his initial surprise at us stripping off completely in the shower, he joined in enthusiastically and I'd say that he was certainly not new to such situations.

We had dumped our wet clothes in the washer/dryer over night so come Sunday morning and breakfast, Nick was back in his own clothes. He and I walked down to the local shop for the Sunday papers and a bottle of wine for lunch and then spent the morning reading the papers and chatting until I had got lunch ready. Nick drove home after that (he drives a Porsche Boxster, very nice!).

After Nick had gone Darren and I were chatting and when he apologised for his brother's reticence about his private life (he never mentioned a girlfriend or what his job was) and I said it didn't matter he just replied it was always awkward introducing his brother to new people as Nick had very little of the normal small talk. Turns out Nick works for a government agency on computer systems and has no personal relationship (neither guy or girl). Darren thinks his brother should 'lighten up' a bit and would flourish if only he could commit himself to a girl or guy, he likes both apparently.

The event we went to was "trialling" and Nick said it was a national and international motor sport with lots of clubs and individuals taking part at lots of venues. Not all the venues are as muddy as the one we attended, but there are some that are a lot muddier. Try Google search with "Trialling motor sport" and you'll get lots of results.

My Disco has leather upholstery (easily cleaned) and the floor carpets are covered in big rubber mats, so it is really only the other trim that might be problematic but as most is heavy duty chunky plastic it should be OK. I have a tough, waterproof canvas boot liner so next time, if there is one, I shall insist on us taking a change of clothes and shoes so that wet things can be dumped in the boot. We did see a few people busy hastily changing out of wet jeans and tops in the car park area.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]