Page banner image

Re: Muddy in football kit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on June 07, 2020 at 14:49:37

In Reply to: Re: Muddy in football kit. posted by John C on June 07, 2020 at 11:11:43:

Interesting to read your comment about being caned. I thought that sort of thing went out of use long before your era. Of course I have seen it being done in movies and read about it in stories.

I attended public schools and don't ever recall that sort of thing happening. My friends who attended Catholic schools told some terrible stories about nuns who wielded rulers like Samori swords at any minor indiscretion or infraction. I happen to be left handed. One day a gentleman came into the Post Office where I worked and saw I was left handed and said he was too. He pulled up his shirt sleeve to show me his left arm, which was covered in small, thin scars. Apparently the nuns had tried to make him switch to right handedness by repeatedly beating him with the edge of the ruler. He was very proud of the fact that he had resisted all their attempts. I can't imagine how that must have hurt! They had to have drawn blood, and I can't understand why his parents didn't do something about it at the time. He wore the scars with pride and considered it a sign of courage and honor that he had won. I fully suspect he never even cried when they hit him.

I was spanked by my parents, but never beaten, and I have to admit it was when I deserved it and never repeated that particular offense again.

I enjoy the posts you, Mark and Lucy have put on this site and look forward to reading more.

Stay wet and well!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]