Page banner image

Re: I ask my dad about getting muddy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James on June 20, 2020 at 08:07:23

In Reply to: I ask my dad about getting muddy posted by Alex on June 16, 2020 at 21:17:54:

I had a similar few words with my dad when I first started getting wet and muddy. I grew up on a farm and we had quite a large area of woodlands at one end of the farm, well away from the house, and on the far side of the woods was a large pond, abound 200 yards long and sixty or seventy yards at its widest. There was a small dilapidated jetty and a little used galvanised metal rowing boat that leaked badly. I got wet there in my clothes for the first time when I ten and a friend and I were messing about in the boat and we somehow managed to capsize it. Obviously we were drenched and got quite muddy as we hauled the boat out of the water and back to shore. It was a hot summer day and we were only wearing shorts and t-shirts, so we lay on the jetty and dried out before heading home. After that I used to get wet in the shower and just hide the wet jeans and t-shirts.

I was always a good swimmer and one hot day when I was 13 I decided it would be fun to swim the length of the pond in my clothes, rather than the swim-shorts I normally wore for swimming there with friends. I thought I'd get away with sneaking back into the house as dad was out working somewhere on the farm and mum had gone out with my aunt for the day. So dressed in jeans, briefs, a long-sleeve shirt, socks and old trainers, I headed off with my trusted companion at the time, our black lab Joey, who also loved the water. I managed to swim the whole length of the pond without any difficulty and waded out enjoying the feeling of the water draining out of my clothes. It was the first time I had been aware of another sensation in my briefs that I'd never had when dressed before and it dawned on me that that was caused by the wet clothes and doing something that felt vaguely naughty, in a nice way. I walked back to house dripping wet and enjoying the feeling of my wet clothes as I walked. I turned the corner into the yard and was about half-way across when my dad walked out of one of the outbuildings.

"Hi James" he said as he approached "had a good swim?" as he bent down and made a fuss of a very wet Joey who promptly shook himself, spraying water everywhere - a favourite trick of his.

"Oh, erm yes - I managed a full length of the pond today." I managed to say.

"Good. You should try for the school swimming team, I'm sure you are good enough - have a think about it next term."

"I will." I replied, and then blurted out "So you're not angry at me for getting my clothes wet?"

"No, why should I be? It's up to you how you treat your clothes; if you enjoy getting wet in them - and I can see that you do" he grinned "- then be my guest; just don't wear your best stuff, mum would get annoyed at that. Oh, and do her a favour, don't hide wet clothes in your room for her to find accidentally when she's putting your laundry away, just hang them in your bathroom to dry or better still put them in the drier yourself, OK?"

"Yes OK, sorry."

"Next time you go for a swim, give ma a shout and I'll join you - give us some time together which would be nice - father and son bonding and all that." and with that he turned away and left me standing there somewhat dumbfounded at the turn of events.

We regularly went swimming after that when it was warm and sunny and dad would just come along in his work clothes, whatever he was wearing at the time. We had a few meaningful chats that summer and I learned a lot and asked a lot of questions which he was happy to answer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]